Mystic PrC

Lord Ben

First Post
I used to have a copy of the Mystic PrC from the Dragon magazine. I can't seem to find the photocopy anymore. Does anyone have the info? Has it been updated to 3.5 by anyone? I don't remember the magazine it was in and the old ones got thrown out/lost in the move.

Scharlata

First Post
Lord Ben said:
I used to have a copy of the Mystic PrC from the Dragon magazine. I can't seem to find the photocopy anymore. Does anyone have the info? Has it been updated to 3.5 by anyone? I don't remember the magazine it was in and the old ones got thrown out/lost in the move.

Hi

The Mystic appeared in DRAGON Magazine #274:

She used a d6 to advance in HD, and to become a mystic she were required to have something like that: Spellcraft and Knowledge (arcana) each 10 ranks; Knowledge (religion) 5 ranks; Feats: Spell Penetration, Spell Focus, one metamagic feat, and one item creation feat; Class Skills were something like: Alchemy (now Craft (alchemy)), Concentration, Craft, Knowledge (any), Scry (now nonexistent), Spellcraft; The mystic gained skill points at each level as a wizard, I think. She had the wizard BAB and only good saves in Will; The mystic gained 2 Bonus Spells at odd levels and 3 Bonus Spells at even levels up to 10th level in the PrC [Similar to bonus spells for high ability scores, for each level of mystic that a spellcasting character gains, she gains bonus list to the number of spells per day she normally casts. These bonus spells can be added to whatever levels of spells the caster can currently cast, but no more than one can be added to the caster's highest current spell level. Once a mystic has chosen how to apply his bonus spells, they cannot be shifted again.]. At each odd level the mystic gained a Spell Secret [She could choose one spell known to her that then becomes permanently modified as though affected by one of the following metamagic feats: Empower Spell, Enlarge Spell, Extend Spell, Still Spell, or Silent Spell. The spell's level does not change, and once the choice of spell and modification are chosen, they cannot be changed. As she goes up in level, she can choose the same spell to be modified in different ways with multiple spell secrets.], and at every even levels she gained a bonus language, IIRC. At 8th level she gained a Permanent Maximum ability [She could choose one spell to permanently modify so that it is always maximized as with the metamagic feat Maximize Spell], and at 10th level a Permanent Quicken ability [as "Permanent Maximum" but with the metamagic feat Quicken Spell], I guess. She gained no new weapon/armor prof's.

That's how I remember the mystic.

Kind regards

Scharlata

First Post
Lord Ben said:
Thanks! Do they ever get more spells known?

Nope!

But I recall something important now: If she has two spellcasting classes already, she must choose which previous class of spells gains the bonus, so she was able choose a divine spellcasting class for her bonus spells, too!

Kind regards!

Remove ads