D&D 5E Mythic Odysseys of Theros is the #1 D&D New Release

Zabalorf

Villager
Just preordered it. I’m not into magic, but love Greek/Roman mythology. Looking forward to owning this one. Skimming through the Wiki, the lore surrounding the world seems interesting too.

Last edited:

gyor

Legend
Just preordered it. I’m not into magic, but love Greek/Roman mythology. Looking forward to owning this one. Skimming through the Wiki, the lore surrounding the world seems interesting too.

Yeah the folks that I think will be attracted to it are MtG fans, Grecoroman mythology fans, those who want more player/DM opinins for homebrew settiings, and furries who buy it for Leonin, and to a lesser extent Centuars, Satyrs, Minotaurs, and Tritons. That is a recipe for great sales.

jayoungr

Legend
Supporter
I would actually say MTOFs is more Player facing then VGTM because only the small Player race chapter is for PCs, the rest of VGTM is about, well monsters, were as the entire MTOFs book is Player race based except for part of the bloodwar section and the beastairy.
I see what you mean, but when I think of the two books, I think of Mordenkainen's as "expanded monster manual" and Volo's as "the book with the stats for playable monster races." You don't need Mordenkainen's to play an elf, halfling, or whatever; it just provides some super-in-depth fluff for those who really want to dig into specific versions of the races. But you can't play a goblin at all without Volo's.

gyor

Legend
FYI WotC is doing a thing where the first 10 preorders of this book at a WPN store get a coupon for 50% on DnDBeyond

That sounds that a precausten in case they can't deliver our books on time. WotC should bend it's no 5e PDF rule for hardcover books and just send folks the PDF version if they can deliver the physical book until later.

bedir than

Full Moon Storyteller
That sounds that a precausten in case they can't deliver our books on time. WotC should bend it's no 5e PDF rule for hardcover books and just send folks the PDF version if they can deliver the physical book until later.
It's so that they can encourage people to support their local, as many locals around the US are essentially closed.

They did similar with the Ikoria release on Arena

Remove ads