• Other

Votes: 9 6.3%
  • Battlerager

Votes: 10 7.0%

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
As I much as I tend to hate this kind of "woke culture" kind of stuff
What on earth are you talking about? Much as I am a proponent of inclusivity, this isn’t even vaguely an example of it.

(Actuallly, don’t answer that; I can’t see it going well)

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Battlerager feels like it fits if you take all the cultural, wilderness, and "uncivilized" aspects out of the class.
The class abilities have none of that. It's all attacks, rages, and critical. I can totally see a high elven 'battlerager'. All that stuff seems to be in the subclasses, not the barbarian itself.

"Battlerager" feels like a better version of "rager" - it still seems a bit video-game-y; in that it's a made-up word for the concept. DnD classes, traditionally, have been names for existing fantasy concepts re-purposed to meet the needs of the game (often slowly, over several iterations), rather than brand new words. At least for classes. Subclasses are new words.

jasper

Rotten DM
The class abilities have none of that. It's all attacks, rages, and critical. I can totally see a high elven 'battlerager'. All that stuff seems to be in the subclasses, not the barbarian itself.
Rager seems too angry. Need to be more cheerful Battleraver. You could put to music.

Minigiant

Legend
Supporter

That's what I mean.
The battlerager would lack many of the barbarian subclasses and reflavor the reminder.

Remove ads