Need tv recommendations!

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I don’t know if they’re available out there, but Third Rock from the Sun was brilliant, and Parker Lewis Can’t lose was an amazing take on teenagers in an American high school- essentially a live-action cartoon with a Ferris Beuler vibe.

Last edited:

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Oh, I didn't see anyone mention Community. The first seasons are good, at least. The latter ones suffer a bit from having lost some key actors.

The Expanse is fantastic scifi, if you need your Babylon 5 fix. Is is tense, but not overly gloomy.

The Queens Gambit on netflix is worth a watch. You've probably already heard all the hype.

Better Call Saul is sort of a spiritual successor to Breaking Bad, but focusing on the character of Saul Goodman the shady lawyer, instead. More humor and light drama, less heavy on crime.

The toys that made us, is a fun light hearted documentary about the history of 80s and 90s toys. Very easy to binge watch.

The BBC has The Goes Wrong Show. Great slapstick about a theater group whose plays always go hilariously wrong. A second season is on its way.

Scrubs is fun, if it is your style of humor. It took me a while to get into it. But it is alright. Mostly light hearted medical comedy.

Last edited:

BookTenTiger

He / Him
I'm sure you've watched the IT Crowd already.

I've been enjoying Schitt's Creek, despite the name, for just the reasons you named. Short, light, funny. I was struggling with the first season so I skipped to the second and it was great (like Parks and Rec).

If you watch 1/3 of a Columbo episode a day it's essentially a light 30 minute show. That was my cooking show this year. Columbo reddit is the sweetest, least harmful subreddit out there.

Sacrosanct

Legend
Third vote for Community if you hadn't for some reason already seen it. Second vote for What We Do In Shadows (it also has Matt Berry in it, so you a touch of home for you ;) .

I'd also vote for Always Sunny In Philadelphia.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases