D&D 5E NeMoren's Vault: Back After 20 Years!

Back in the heady days after the Open Gaming License was launched 20 years ago, and third-party D&D stuff had become a big thing, NeMoren's Vault was one of the first adventures I ran. Published by Fiery Dragon Productions, and illustrated by - amongst others - my friend Claudio Pozas (who can't remember his EN World login), this one is one of those stored memories for me. It opens with the...

Back in the heady days after the Open Gaming License was launched 20 years ago, and third-party D&D stuff had become a big thing, NeMoren's Vault was one of the first adventures I ran. Published by Fiery Dragon Productions, and illustrated by - amongst others - my friend Claudio Pozas (who can't remember his EN World login), this one is one of those stored memories for me. It opens with the adventurers being read a will.

Now, they've re-released it. The 20th Anniversary Edition is available on DTRPG for $7.99.

Baron Paytro NeMoren had left his dark past sealed for decades in the family's underground vault. Now, three years after his death, a group of inheritors have gathered according to his final wishes. At long last, the seal will be broken and the secrets of the vault revealed.

NV20Cover.jpg

Fiery Dragon James Bell says "One of the first decisions we made when talking about the 20th Anniversary version of NeMoren’s Vault was that we weren’t looking to have a re-do and use it as a way to launch a new RPG company. Instead, we were looking back on all the work we had done and all the fun we had, and wanted to celebrate those years and the accomplishments we had during that decade. We weren’t looking for a massive re-write or a complete overhaul of the adventure – we just wanted to update it, polish it up a bit, and make it available again as a celebration of those amazing early days of the Open Game License."

pogre

Legend
Purchased! I really liked this adventure. I wish they had VTT versions of the maps though...
From the publisher:
We've just updated to include Character and Creature tokens, as well as VTT-resolution versions of the basic maps to facilitate online play. Note that these maps aren't set up with all elements (ie, no opening doors or working fountains), they're just the floorplan to help get you set up. You may also need to break them down a bit depending on abilities of your platform and computer. We're working on eventually releasing a ready-to-go completely prepped version with Astral, which will eventually be available on the Astral Marketplace, but that's still to come.

So check for an update on your purchase

darjr

I crit!
I missed almost all of 3e and the beginning of the OGL, other than Green Ronin’s adventures. History like this is like a foreign land to me. I’m very interested however.

When my college gamer club (Psi Phi, the geek fraternity) started, our first event was me running this for a bunch of people I'd barely met before.

I gave out pregen characters (using art that Claudio created), and one of my friends still jokes about how the bard I handed him had no weapon, just spells and a fiddle.

Retreater

Legend
I never ran it but I did own it. It came with a ton of tokens. It was written for 3.0 IIRC, and 3.5 came out before I got a chance. I seem to remember it being a dungeon adventure, akin to Necromancer Games adventures at the time.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads