Never buy from Lowe's Ever.

Torm

Explorer
First of all, you have my sympathies. I've never had a problem with Lowes, but I've certainly had some doozies elsewhere.

But, for future reference, the one thing I didn't hear you say you did was climb the ladder. "Hi! What's your name and employee number if you have one, first of all? Here is my problem. Can you help me? No? Let me speak to your supervisor. Thanks." "Hi! What's your name and employee number if you have one, first of all? Here is my problem. Can you help me? Yes? Can you do it right now and give me a (confirmation/receipt/whatever)? No? Let me speak to your supervisor. Thanks." And so on. Until you reach the person for whom it is literally not worth their time to talk to you, and who can wave their hands and make your problems go away to free themselves up. Usually works. But worst case, you have thorough documentation for the BBB.

Also, did you get any documentation from the second guy who came out for the icemaker? If so, now might be a good time to see if you have ANY water damage to that 80 year old floor - seems like Lowes might owe you damages, to me..... :]

Last edited:

WayneLigon

Adventurer
I'd also take that story and the documentation ( I don't suppose you saved those 'all same day postmarked' envelopes?) to the Lowe's district manager or regional manager or what ever next layer they have.

Bront

The man with the probe
I had a frustrating situation with Best Buy. Bought a Car Radio, they said it would be installed by 2-3 in the afternoon. So, I walk back to get the other car, tell my GF (it was supposed to be a supprise for her birthday), and take my car home so I can get some sleep (3rd shift). I get back up to pick her up from work, and drive over to Best Buy, and no, they haven't started yet, might not be done till after 5, but they'll call me.

I have other plans in the evening, so I drop my GF off and tell her I'd call her once it was installed and she and her daughter can go pick it up in her daughter's car. I get a call at 8:00 from the GF wondering if I'd heard anything yet, and I hadn't. So, I call the store. Well, 30-45 minutes later, I leave to get to the store before it closes, because I couldn't get anyone to answer the phone (I tried every department at least once, and the service desk 6 times). So I get there, and the guy says "Oh, we finished almost 2 hours ago, so-and-so was going to call you before he left." I calmly ask to speak to a manager, who after listening to my story, gave me a 10% discount on anything I wanted to purchase that night. So my GF stocked up on CDs and I renewed my rewards card.

On the way home, the CD player stops functioning when it goes over the tracks. So, GF takes my car to work, and I go back to best buy (Again, durring my normal sleeping hours). I call the store before hand, and again, no one answers the phone. This time, I call their customer hotline before I even get there, and the guy on the line applogizes profusely and sends me a $50 gift certificate. So, I show up, and spot the same manager again, who asks me what's wrong, and they had replaced the faulty player in that car in less than 30 minutes.

Basicly, if you want something, you need to know who to bitch too. Lowes probably has a customer complaint hotline, and they can probably take care of you better than you might think, as that's their job. You were lied to by a manager, the credit division, and they couldn't get anything right. So go call their customer support line first, and then, if they don't help you (and compinsate you for your troubles), go to the better business beuro and file a complaint.

KidCthulhu

First Post
Yerg, dude. That sucks. I'd definitely follow this up the corporate ladder until you get someone who will make it better. This kind of repeated incompetence cannot be tolerated. Also, if I were the regional manager, I'd want to know!

I've worked a lot of Retail, and even as an associate I'd have given you something for your troubles, like a discount or store credit. That manager is a ninny.

Zander

Explorer
If a company is publicly listed (e.g. on NYSE, NASDAQ, LSE), you can threaten to purchase shares in the company and ask the CEO about your grievance in front of all the other share holders at the next Annual General Meeting.

I've threatened to do this to several companies and they've all resolved the problem(s) I had with them double quick - one even gave me a £30 ($50) gift card when I was only making a £10 ($17) purchase. :) I don't know of a listed company that isn't extremely protective of its share price.

Make sure you address your complaint/threat in writing to the named head of customer service. Chances are that he has the power to resolve your problem and that he's directly answerable to the CEO. You don't need to tell the head of customer service how few shares you have or are going to get (you only need one). Just tell him you're a share holder/investor. For all he knows, you could be a big shot.

Am I CG or what? :p

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases