Nevermind about PCGen

merton_monk

First Post
Sorry to hear that

What was your question, and where did you post it? I did a search for 'sineater' on our yahoo board and came up empty. I'd be happy to attempt to answer whatever question you have.

-Bryan McRoberts
Benevolent Dictator of PCGen

Leopold

NKL4LYFE
if it's involving the old 2.7.x files and you got a harsh response that's common. We don't take too kindly to people asking about software that not approved anymore.

if there is a problem in the application or you something needs to be fixed please post it here, we are always willing and able to help out whenever and whereever we can..

merton_monk

First Post
Harsh reponses not necessary

Just because someone asks about or for the pre-3.0.0 data files does not mean they deserve a harsh response. I doubt most people who ask for them are aware of the legalities involved - I doubt most of the people who are aware of the legalities actually understand the legalities! If someone posts a rude request for the files, then I have no problem with someone giving them a rude response - though I find that polite responses in the face of rude requests works just as well as rude responses and doesn't cause my blood pressure to rise. So I definitely favor polite responses except in response to extremely rude behavior. If someone just asks about the data or wonders where all the splat books are in PCGen, there's a "canned" response I wrote the a number of users have been good about posting in response - and yes, I think it's polite! :) I'll post on the yahoo board as well just to help diminish the chance that someone will respond rudely to an innocent question.

Leopold

NKL4LYFE
of course using the canned response is quite common and encouraged..although i did get someone asking me for the 2.7.3 files...

Remove ads