D&D Movie/TV New D&D Movie: July 23rd 2021

It's official - the new Dungeons & Dragons movie is coming, and it's coming in four years - July 23rd, 2021, as announced by Paramount.

dungeons-and-dragons-banner.jpg

We already know that the movie will be produced by the Lego Movie's Roy Lee, that it will be directed by Rob Letterman (Goosebumps, Monsters vs. Aliens, Shark Tale). Originally scripted by David Leslie Johnson (Wrath of the Titans), it's now being written by Joe Manganelio, might be Dragonlance and then again might feature the Yawning Portal, and will adopt a Guardians of the Galaxy tone. Oh, and that we should take everything I just said with a pinch of salt as the movie appears have jumped from WB to Paramount at some point in the process!

hopeless

Adventurer
Start off during the closing part of the Last War let's see either Indy or Harry cope with that!
We're talking Final Fantasy style opening sequence the one where it SHOWS that conflict!

Azzy

ᚳᚣᚾᛖᚹᚢᛚᚠ
Why not use Eberron I mean seriously!

While I'm not a huge fan of Eberron, I think that would actually be a great choice. It's distinct enough from the more traditional fantasy settings of Forgotten Realms, Greyhawk, Mystara, and Dragonlance, and would draw less comparisons to Tolkien—while still being able to cater to D&D-isms. The whole Last War thing makes for great background for characters. Also, the visual aspect of it would translate nicely to the screen. I would really support this.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
While I'm not a huge fan of Eberron, I think that would actually be a great choice. It's distinct enough from the more traditional fantasy settings of Forgotten Realms, Greyhawk, Mystara, and Dragonlance, and would draw less comparisons to Tolkien—while still being able to cater to D&D-isms. The whole Last War thing makes for great background for characters. Also, the visual aspect of it would translate nicely to the screen. I would really support this.
In a batter case scenario, D&D would provide lots of fodder for some cool stuff, for sure.

Sent from my [device_name] using EN World mobile app

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases