D&D 5E New D&D Player Survey!

Parmandur

Book-Friend
What settings did people pick for their favorites?

I did Dark Sun, Planescape, and Greyhawk, hoping that would push their eventual release. Picked Dark Sun as my favorite.
Greyhawk, Forgotten Realms, and Frankenstein Serial number filed off homebrew (appreciate that they made the distinction). I chose Greyhawk as my top, because it holds a special place in my heart as the core Setting of 3E.

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
Lots of Dark Sun and Birthright love!

I say this completely seriously- outside of this website, I have never seen any Birthright love.

That's not to belittle it- but the setting only existed during one of the strangest periods of D&D- late period, near-death 2e.* And never had any products that I know of outside of that brief period (so nothing during the WoTC period). Birthright is somewhat obscure IMO (not "Pelinore" obscure!) and doesn't seem to have the same web community as 2e settings like Dark Sun or Planescape.

That said, it appears to have inspired some fierce devotion, and I always hope that fans get what they want!

*ETA- I would also stipulate that late period 2e, specifically '95-'03, was my period of absolute least involvement with any TTRPGs, so it could be that as well.

I say this completely seriously- outside of this website, I have never seen any Birthright love.

That's not to belittle it- but the setting only existed during one of the strangest periods of D&D- late period, near-death 2e. And never had any products that I know of outside of that brief period (so nothing during the WoTC period). Birthright is somewhat obscure IMO (not "Pelinore" obscure!) and doesn't seem to have the same web community as 2e settings like Dark Sun or Planescape.

That said, it appears to have inspired some fierce devotion, and I always hope that fans get what they want!

birthright.net still gets regular posts and conversion talk. I realize that's a fan site created during 3.0, but it's not quite devoid of fans. Oh, and there was at least one book released digitally (Book of Regency?) after publication ended.

Remove ads