D&D 5E New D&D Player Survey!

South by Southwest

Incorrigible Daydreamer
*I wish there had been an option for piecemeal digital purchases on DDB.
I agree with that (even though I've not made any such purchases). From conversations with friends, I have the sense a lot of people buy digital content that way.
Did anybody get any of the autocomplete digital game titles they seeded?
I didn't, but I'm pretty solidly non-digital anyway.

The payoff is getting content you WANT.
if you told me that if I took 8 hours a day for the next 3 weeks doing a survey (on top of my normal job) and I could get 4e updated and some numbers fixed with a bit of 5e and a bit of 2e thrown in (the right bits for me that is) and it would be published at the rate 5e was for the next ten years... I would do it with a smile. I would whistle well I survayed.

payn

Legend
if you told me that if I took 8 hours a day for the next 3 weeks doing a survey (on top of my normal job) and I could get 4e updated and some numbers fixed with a bit of 5e and a bit of 2e thrown in (the right bits for me that is) and it would be published at the rate 5e was for the next ten years... I would do it with a smile. I would whistle well I survayed.
Wish into one hand...

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
That took a while. A bunch of the question really had a "yes but..." where I desperately wanted to qualify, clarify, or expand on my answer, but with no option for it.

I feel like a bunch of those questions were ones I was asked in the last survey. Though this time no questions about how young were people I ran for. Last time when I mentioend runnign and teaching teens I had a screen or so around that, this time nothing along those lines.

I finished this up, but I don't feel like many of my answers were useful in shaping things for the way I would want them, except possibly for the parts I left out, like digital. My "no, I have not repurchased at full price because I don't want the you-should-charge-more for it character creation tools, I want cheap PDFs with purchase of hardcovers".

Also, exactly how does it help you to know that in the 1980s I purchased Moldvay Red Box, that there weren't even options for some of the categories you were asking about, and I saw kids at camp playing it and purchased it later in the summer but didn't find anyone to play with until over a year later because it was not a public game back then - but aggregated piecemeal into answers of people purchasing it for every other edition as well.

HammerMan

Legend
I would do that survey too

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Filled it out as well. Standard questions and responses, nothing new that hasn't really already been asked of me before in various surveys of the past.

I'm always curious when they get responses from people like me who started back in Original D&D, have played every edition, and are still currently playing 5E whether my indicators of what I've spent money on in the last year actually have some sort of meaning. Do adults who started D&D in more recent years buy different products then us long-timers who have been buying products all along? Probably doesn't mean much, but curious nonetheless.

An Advertisement

Advertisement4