WotC New D&D survey from WotC as part of the 50th anniversary year.

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Yes, weird survey really.

I'm neutral on the game, dont care for its direction, and think WotC is terrible at this point. If one is going to ask, I would think they would want to know the why behind these things.
Unless this is more just for certain people in the company to gather information to take with them into managerial meetings when higher-level company talk starts, and some higher-ups at WotC or Hasbro think everything is hunky-dory. They can then pull this survey out and say "Actually, when we polled our D&D crowd... a good 85% of the respondents said they thought WotC was becoming less popular and didn't like the company that much."

Much like I'm sure members of the D&D team probably wished in the Fall of '22 that they had a survey response regarding how people would react to the OGL being revoked that they could have handed to the money-people at WotC/Hasbro at the time to tell them with evidence "This is a f-ing horrible idea you all are putting forth and you are going to destroy years of goodwill."

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)
Unless this is more just for certain people in the company to gather information to take with them into managerial meetings when higher-level company talk starts, and some higher-ups at WotC or Hasbro think everything is hunky-dory. They can then pull this survey out and say "Actually, when we polled our D&D crowd... a good 85% of the respondents said they thought WotC was becoming less popular and didn't like the company that much."

Much like I'm sure members of the D&D team probably wished in the Fall of '22 that they had a survey response regarding how people would react to the OGL being revoked that they could have handed to the money-people at WotC/Hasbro at the time to tell them with evidence "This is a f-ing horrible idea you all are putting forth and you are going to destroy years of goodwill."
Yeah, clearly someome at WotC is aware that public opinion about the company is getting worse, and someone else doesn’t believe them.

Remove ads