D&D 5E New Errata & Advice For D&D Issued

WotC has issued an update to the 'Sage Advice' compilation, including new errata documents and amendments to racial attributes.

Screen Shot 2020-10-02 at 12.13.01 AM.png

"The PDF contains answers to a collection of new questions. To find the latest answers, search for “[New]” in the PDF.

The compendium includes links to new errata documents for Curse of Strahd, Ghosts of Saltmarsh, Storm King’s Thunder, Tomb of Annihilation, and Volo’s Guide to Monsters."

Racial attributes have been altered (thanks to @dave2008 for pointing that out).

errata.png

Last edited by a moderator:

I agree DM should make the rules, but for organized play it makes sense they need answers on familiars.

The imp holding those healing potions dies you need to know what happens to the potions.

Eh, no, I disagree. Firstly, because AL and OP have their own documents already for covering the rulings they have had to make affecting play. One of which at one point literally said, "You as the DM are empowered to make decisions." Secondly, this is the exact same game where the stealth and hiding rules are actually, "Eh, it works when your DM says it works? ¯\(ツ)/¯ " The same game can't care so much about familiar sequestering of objects and then turn around and be lax about the specifics of hiding from someone looking for you.

pukunui

Legend
I kind of expected Grovel, Cower, and Beg to be changed too.
This was one of the things I advocated changing in my Volo's playtest feedback. I was disappointed when I saw that the playable races in the print version of Volo's were virtually unchanged from their playtest versions, despite knowing they received some good feedback on those. WotC just couldn't be bothered trying to balance the races properly, hence the "use at your own discretion" disclaimer. Sigh ...

Can a paladin use Divine Smite when they hit using an unarmed strike? No. Divine Smite requires a melee attack using a weapon. The rules don’t consider unarmed strikes to be weapons.

Are natural weapons considered weapons? Things designated as weapons by the rules, including natural weapons, are indeed weapons. In contrast, unarmed strikes are not weapons. They are something you do with an unarmed part of your body.

I mean, at least it's consistent with the dumbness of this distinction, but at least it closes the terrifying loophole of a Paladin with magic weapon cast on fists, which has dominated play since 2014.

Really? I have never allowed that unless there is a specific exception that makes the hands count as a natural weapon, in any version of D&D.

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases