New Generation Legacy, Issue 1: Back to School

Hammerhead

Explorer
Emmet clapped at the end of Doctor Hudabo's speech. He wondered though, what exactly he could learn here, since his powers didn't require any kind of control. Still, he thought hopefully, maybe his powers were just beginning to develop.

Unlike some of the others sitting around him, he didn't find the Asian teen's comment to be particularly funny. Glancing around, the others were already socializing, laughing, and introducing themselves, and Emmet didn't feel entirely comfortable approaching a group of strangers. I guess I have to start somewhere though, since there's less than forty of us. It's a little strange that the United Nations would construct two Elite education facilities when just one has so much excess capacity. That means Mr. Anotolov expects a significant rise in the number of Elite breakouts.

Rising from his seat, Emmet approaches the withdrawn Indian girl, stopping a few feet away. "Hi. I'm Emmet, from California. Hypercognition. You?"

Agamon

Adventurer
"Yeah, I did. An I'm from Erwin, North Carolina. Just a little ole hole in the wall down and out textile town in the eastern side of the state."Trilly says with a southern accent that seems more pronounced in the proper stilted engish of a more European source.

"I'm.. well you can call me Reach, banned in High School Basketball an Volleyball through out the southern part of the Eastern Seaboard." She has an infectious grin about her as she looks around. "And where you from Stacy? Someways out west I figure from your accent."

"Tres cool, that accent of yours is totally cute on you." Stacy replies with a big smile. "Santa Ana, born and bred. I was head cheerleader at Mater Dei High...until I fell through the human pyramid." She waves her hand through a nearby chair. "Weird, huh?"

"Tres cool, that accent of yours is totally cute on you." Stacy replies with a big smile. "Santa Ana, born and bred. I was head cheerleader at Mater Dei High...until I fell through the human pyramid." She waves her hand through a nearby chair. "Weird, huh?"

"That's a sea town huh? You do any surfing?" Trilly says with a grin. She had hoped to do some at Myrtle Beach, but the accident and her ensuing breakout had put that on the back burner. "So you got the whole 'can't keep her out of things' bit going for you huh? I can pour myself under a door or down ducting." She looks around the spreading horde of students.

"Want to wander around and meet some more folks?"

Agamon

Adventurer
Rising from his seat, Emmet approaches the withdrawn Indian girl, stopping a few feet away. "Hi. I'm Emmet, from California. Hypercognition. You?"

The girl's eyes widen in fear as Emmet approaches. She takes a step back as he nears.

"Uh..." She seems to not be able to answer the simple question, nervously looking everywhere but at Emmet. Her long, dark hair is tied in a ponytail and her name tag reads "Manjit Badesha".

"...I am Manj," she finally admits, hesitantly. "Hyp...what is this?" She has a thick Hindi accent, though Emmet deduces that her grasp of English is liekly decent.

Samnell

Explorer
"Teleportation...wicked. I reckon I can fly, though I haven't really attempted it. Boy would my face be red I got it wrong...red, and black and blue." the british girl said with an easy grin.

Jerry laughed yet again, ,"I've had wipeouts like that. Nearly busted my face in on a diving board once in front of all my mates. Goinf face-first into the water wasn't much better."

"I'm pretty sure I can fly at any rate. The news hounds actually caught my break out. They are still showing it on the telly a week or two later. Got m' head near bashed in and a tornado pops up and starts flinging people about and carrying me around. I guess that means we're both in the right place Jerry. Maybe none of us here can really control what we can do yet, at least thats what I reckon."

"Could be. S'what my parents figured. Doesn't seem like a bad place, as far as schools go."

"I'm from Dinorben, in England. Its near the coast. but I didn't ever get up to much surfing. My mum wouldn't have thought such a thing was very lady like, not like hitting things with swords and wearing armor is very lady-like for that matter, but I never really spent much time at the beach, kind of funny for living near the beach on an Island."[/COLOR] the girl says with a grin. "My dad's the Baron of Dinorben, though he's actually a Colonel in the UN Peace Keeper forces. I'm hopping he might be able to stop in every now and again. He's wicked cool, not like most of those stuffy nobles at court. He taught me to hunt and track, to camp and all sorts of things that most of those stuffed shirts wouldn't bother to teach a girl."

"You know how to sword fight? Cool! I got my powers walking out in front of a truck because I was too busy watching a mate show me some of his moves. Was trying to talk me into joining his martial arts class. Guess that worked out different from plan," Jerry shrugged. "I was spread too thin anyways. Swimming, surfing, school... I think there was sleep and homework in there somewhere."

"So if you're dad's a baron, did you guys have one of them big castles somewhere?"

Agamon

Adventurer
Jerry and Clover:

Yoshi looks down at his tag, smirk still planted on his face. "Nah, that's my work. Control the weather, huh? Cool, I guess. Not as fun as this though." He looks over his shoulder and spots a girl about to sit down. The others see little but a blur that takes not a tenth of second, resulting in Yoshi seated before the group while the girl lands on her butt in surprise.

"Wow, that is so cool!" James says, watching Jerry use his powers. "Oh, oh, hey! I...can...teleport...too...oouf!" With each word, the boy dissappears and reappears around the group of students, though the with his final move, he ends a foot off the ground and falls to the ground. He gets back up. "Heh, still need a bit of practice."

He turns to Clover, "Control the weather? Can you make it rain? Snow? Hail? Ooh, a tornado? Awesome!"

Yoshi rolls his eyes at James as he reclines in his new seat. "Spaz."

Samnell

Explorer
Yoshi looks down at his tag, smirk still planted on his face. "Nah, that's my work. Control the weather, huh? Cool, I guess. Not as fun as this though." He looks over his shoulder and spots a girl about to sit down. The others see little but a blur that takes not a tenth of second, resulting in Yoshi seated before the group while the girl lands on her butt in surprise.

Jerry started to reach out to catch the girl, shadows gathering around his hands as his eyes went black, but she landed before he could get to her. He laughed anyways and let the shadows go back to wherever they came from.

"That's a good one."

"Wow, that is so cool!" James says, watching Jerry use his powers. "Oh, oh, hey! I...can...teleport...too...oouf!" With each word, the boy dissappears and reappears around the group of students, though the with his final move, he ends a foot off the ground and falls to the ground. He gets back up. "Heh, still need a bit of practice."

Jerry helped James up, "No worries. Mine doesn't go that fast at all." He ignored Yoshi's jibe. No need to be on the kid like that. He just had to learn his way around things.

Agamon

Adventurer
Jerry and Clover:

"Dad's a baron? That, like, royalty? Nice. My dad's CFO of Mitsubishi. We're swimming in money," Yoshi tells Clover. "I have no problem's controlling my speed, it's just such a rush. But hey, he told me to come here, so here I am. Better than the American school I was in. Ugh."

Tilly:
"Surfing, not really. Hanging at the beach was awesome though.

"Did you say 'pour' yourself? Eww. Just lemme know before you do that, kay?" Stacy replies. She looks around at the rest of the students. "Yeah, there's a bunch of cute boys, hey?"

Samnell

Explorer
"Dad's a baron? That, like, royalty? Nice. My dad's CFO of Mitsubishi. We're swimming in money," Yoshi tells Clover.

"Worse things to be swimming in," Jerry smiled. Nobles and rich kids? Did I pick the right group? Still, people are people and they don't seem too full of themselves.

Trilly shrugs. "Not even half as gross as it sounds. I can just slide under doors and such. As for the guys around here, I think I'll hold judgment till I see how they behave. Last cute guy I had an interest in, hit me with his car." Trilly looks around, keeping her cool as she looks around to see who Stacy would drag her over to.

She spotted the speedster kid showboating. Definitely have to keep an eye on him she figured. Though she thought the people he was talking to seemed interesting enough.

Remove ads