New Generation Legacy, Issue 1: Back to School

Shalimar

First Post
"Your a right proper git aren't you?" Clover teases Yoshi after his victim bumps her bottom on the ground, though her smile and the very brief laughter that bubbles up around it take the sting out of it.

"Nah, royalty means the royal family, the king, queen, princes, you know...the people at risk of inheriting the throne. Barons are hereditary nobility though, the same as Counts, Marquis, Earls, and Dukes. As the oldest child, when my father passes on, I will become the Baroness of Dinorben."

Turning back to Jerry though, lover gives him a warmer smile. "I know it may sound sort of weird, but yea, I actually like to sword fight in the whole kit. I went to one of those reenacments at court when I was little with a pair of guys pretending to be knights, and I got hooked. I'm actually pretty good at the whole thing, historical fighting I mean, not that nancy boy fencing, the real stuff with broad swords and armor and shields. I've won some awards at it, but they probably wont let me fight anymore. I was suppoused to have a duel with a guy yesterday, scheduled it before this whole Elite thing but he chickened out when he saw on the news I could create tornados and such. I figure most people will." the red headed girl sighs and shrugs. "Can't say as I'd blame'em. I wouldn't be afraid to fight an elite, then again I'm a raving loony." she says with a grin.

"Now, as to having a castle, no such luck, we have Kinmel Estate, and thats the right size to be a fair embaressment of riches, specially with the hunting preserve, but its no castle. Don't think my mum isn't glad of it either, drove her to distraction with my sword play. I'm sure she'd think I'd have gone round the bend if I had an actual castle to play knight in. She doesn't mind the playing you understand, its just the me being the knight in shining armor that she objects to. She wanted me to be a good little noble girl, polite, demure, delicate. Feh, she has my twin Danielle to be her perfect little princess."

Samnell

Explorer
Turning back to Jerry though, lover gives him a warmer smile. "I know it may sound sort of weird, but yea, I actually like to sword fight in the whole kit.

"No, it's cool. I know it's not the same stuff but I saw a couple of demonstrations with Chinese weapons last year. Pretty crazy. Wondered how he kept hold of the blade a few times."

I went to one of those reenacments at court when I was little with a pair of guys pretending to be knights, and I got hooked. I'm actually pretty good at the whole thing, historical fighting I mean, not that nancy boy fencing, the real stuff with broad swords and armor and shields.

"Big, heavy armor like all metal? I'm impressed...and remind me not to cross you, Cloves!"

"Can't say as I'd blame'em. I wouldn't be afraid to fight an elite, then again I'm a raving loony." she says with a grin.

Jerry grinned back, "I imagine. Scared the hell out of a few doctors and I was cooperating at the time, not trying to beat 'em."

"Now, as to having a castle, no such luck, we have Kinmel Estate, and thats the right size to be a fair embaressment of riches, specially with the hunting preserve, but its no castle. Don't think my mum isn't glad of it either, drove her to distraction with my sword play. I'm sure she'd think I'd have gone round the bend if I had an actual castle to play knight in. She doesn't mind the playing you understand, its just the me being the knight in shining armor that she objects to. She wanted me to be a good little noble girl, polite, demure, delicate. Feh, she has my twin Danielle to be her perfect little princess."

"I wouldn't pick you for the pampered type, not after all you've said. Amazon, maybe."

Shalimar

First Post
"It can be pretty hard to keep a sword in your hand, under all that armor you get pretty sweaty. Thats why there are gauntlets that can have their grips locked on a weapon. I don't use them though, not sure why, just don't."

"Its easier wearing the armor now that I don't get hot, but yes, its metal, and under the armor is padded cloth. Not really authentic metal you understand, its actually made out of titanium which is quite a bit stronger and much lighter than what they wore a 500 years ago, but it is still really heavy."

"I wouldn't pick you for the pampered type, not after all you've said. Amazon, maybe."

"Why thank you, I do believe it to be quite the oddest compliment I have ever received."

Samnell

Explorer
Jerry listened with interest as Clover described the gauntlets and armor.

"That's cool."

"Why thank you, I do believe it to be quite the oddest compliment I have ever received."

Jerry laughed. Tall poppy she wasn't!

"You're welcome, and you earned it. Where else are we going to run into a girl that gets up in armor and swordfights for fun, powers or no?"

Cody joins his hands to the round of applause started by the English gal, but soon abandons it in favor of nudging the sleeping form next to him. Raph was snoring lightly with her neck reclined, leaning back in her chair. She's wearing her standard Misfits shirt with jeans with a cap draped over her face. In contrast, Cody was wearing a nice lime button-down shirt shirt with a navy blue tie and jeans a little pricier than hers.

"Raph, the speech is over, wake up!" Cody hisses, taking the cap off of his friend's face, exposing it to the sun.

"Whether you want to follow me or not, I'm gonna go off and mingle." the New Yorker says, obviously a little nervous and wanting his friend to accompany him. Without another look at Raph, Cody turns around and tries gathering some of his courage. Looking at the to the groups of students that were socializing, he opts for the quieter one.

I'm usually less shy than this, I guess ever since the accident I've had a harder time talking to anyone but Raph. Cody muses as he walks towards the pair.

As he approaches the boy and the Indian girl ('Emmet' and 'Manjit', he reads) he gives a slight wave and a nervous smile, "Mind if I join in the conversation?" he says, pausing for a moment, "My name's Cody, I think I'm about as new to this place as you guys are so I figured I'd introduce myself."

"What are your guy's names?"
he asks politely.

Last edited:

Agamon

Adventurer
Cody joins his hands to the round of applause started by the English gal, but soon abandons it in favor of nudging the sleeping form next to him. Raph was snoring lightly with her neck reclined, leaning back in her chair. She's wearing her standard Misfits shirt with jeans with a cap draped over her face. In contrast, Cody was wearing a nice lime button-down shirt shirt with a navy blue tie and jeans a little pricier than hers.

"Raph, the speech is over, wake up!" Cody hisses, taking the cap off of his friend's face, exposing it to the sun.

"Whether you want to follow me or not, I'm gonna go off and mingle." the New Yorker says, obviously a little nervous and wanting his friend to accompany him. Without another look at Raph, Cody turns around and tries gathering some of his courage. Looking at the to the groups of students that were socializing, he opts for the quieter one.

"Snrxz..zuh...huh?" Raph blinks in the bright sunlight. "Is it over? Hey, wait, I wanna mingle!" she tells Cody, leaping out of her seat to follow.

I'm usually less shy than this, I guess ever since the accident I've had a harder time talking to anyone but Raph. Cody muses as he walks towards the pair.

As he approaches the boy and the Indian girl ('Emmet' and 'Manjit', he reads) he gives a slight wave and a nervous smile, "Mind if I join in the conversation?" he says, pausing for a moment, "My name's Cody, I think I'm about as new to this place as you guys are so I figured I'd introduce myself."

"What are your guy's names?"
he asks politely.

"Their names? You told me that's what these things are for," Raph says with a slight jab into Cody's name tag. "Oh, do you need me to read them for you?"

She leans a little bit into Emmet's personal space. "This guy's name is Emmet." She turns towards Manjit, who takes another step back at Raph's forwardness. "She's Manjit. I'm Raph, I didn't get one of those things. How's it going?"

Manjit just stares back in silence, looking nervous.

Clover and Jerry:

Yoshi shrugs at Clover's talk of swordplay. "Lots of girls take kendo in Japan. No biggie back home. Besides, what's a sword to an elite?"

James grins. "No way, that is cool! Swords and armor? With real sharpened blades? You ever been cut? Bet that'd hurt. I like Lord of the Rings, awesome movie!"

Last edited:

Samnell

Explorer
Yoshi shrugs at Clover's talk of swordplay. "Lots of girls take kendo in Japan. No biggie back home. Besides, what's a sword to an elite?"

"Fast as you are, why're you still here if you're so bored, mate?" Jerry smiled, trying to take some of the sting out of the observation. "'sides, no harm getting to know each other. Looks like there's only a couple score of us."

Agamon

Adventurer
Tilly:
Trilly shrugs. "Not even half as gross as it sounds. I can just slide under doors and such. As for the guys around here, I think I'll hold judgment till I see how they behave. Last cute guy I had an interest in, hit me with his car." Trilly looks around, keeping her cool as she looks around to see who Stacy would drag her over to.

She spotted the speedster kid showboating. Definitely have to keep an eye on him she figured. Though she thought the people he was talking to seemed interesting enough.

"Hit you with a car? What a jerk. Yeah, that's totally, like, break-up worthy...unless he didn't mean it. How cute are we talking?" Stacy says, still scanning the crowd.

As the girls survey the different groups that have congregated, one nearby one seems peculiar; two women simply staring at each other. One is definitely a student, possibly Middle Eastern. The other, Asian, looks like a student at first glance, but you think she may be a bit too old for the school. The older one finally speaks.

"Well, I understand your predicament..." she says, trailing off, though the younger doesn't respond, she just continues staring at her. "Yes, but just remember the rules. You can't be obtrusive...yes, I know. This is a school, however, you will be able to learn...yes, but that's not the point...it takes some work, but it's not that difficult, especially with our ability, English isn't my native tongue either. Anyway, I'd like to meet with some of the students."

The two women turn towards Tilly and Stacy and walk towards them. "Hello, girls. Dr. Hudabo would probably want you to call me Miss Kim, but I prefer Jun Min. I'm one of the instructors. And this..."

"Thank you, Jun Min, but I can introduce myself." The girl doesn't say anything, but Tilly does hear a voice inside her head. Not only is it English, but it has a familiar southern US accent. "I'm Layla Badawi. Pleased to meet you."

"Wow, you hear that?" Stacy asks in wonder. "She's like telephonic, or whatever."

Clover and Jerry:
"Fast as you are, why're you still here if you're so bored, mate?" Jerry smiled, trying to take some of the sting out of the observation. "'sides, no harm getting to know each other. Looks like there's only a couple score of us."

"Just sayin, dude. Don't get your tighty whities in a knot. Or wacky blackies...not that I care what color your underwear is..." Yoshi frowns at the corner he painted himself into. "Right, so yeah, you're right, gotta go spread around the awesome that is me. Later," he tells them before zipping off to the other side of the courtyard.

"That boy is...how do you say...jerk, yes?" a new person says as she joins the group. The voice belongs to a girl with long flowing red hair and a big smile. "My name is Kiyana Vladimov, good to be meeting you," she adds in a very thick Russian accent. For the first time since James joined the group, he speachless as he stares at the new girl.

Last edited:

Samnell

Explorer
"Just sayin, dude. Don't get your tighty whities in a knot. Or wacky blackies...not that I care what color your underwear is..." Yoshi frowns at the corner he painted himself into.

Jerry started laughing, more with Yoshi than at him. Should tell him just to make it funnier.

"That boy is...how do you say...jerk, yes?" a new person says as she joins the group. The voice belongs to a girl with long flowing red hair and a big smile. "My name is Kiyana Vladimov, good to be meeting you," she adds in a very thick Russian accent. For the first time since James joined the group, he speachless as he stares at the new girl.

"G'day, Yana. Jimmy's the quiet one and Cloves is the swordswoman. I'm Jerry Lin. The fast one was Yoshi. Don't think he's all bad, though."

Hammerhead

Explorer
"As your friend deduced by my nametag, I'm Emmet," he says, smiling uncomfortably as he takes a short step away from Raph. "I'm going to presume that you two knew each other before coming here. Assuming a relatively even distribution of Elite breakouts by geography, the probability that two young Elites would know each other before their respective breakouts is remote. You two really beat the odds."

"I'm from California. How about you two? My Elite ability is hypercognition, which as I was explaining to Majit here, is essentially a word I made up to explain that I think very, very quickly. It's not as impressive as flying around or shooting lightning from your eyes, but it comes in handy...I learned Spanish in about five minutes from a LATV sitcom."

Remove ads