• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

EN World New GMs, players, read the first post in this thread! (updated 5/21)

GreenKarl

First Post
I have been lurking here for years but with WOTC boards closed down I joined... and I have not really done much PBP but I am curious to give it a try... maybe :D and D&D 5th would be cool also (I am playing in two face-to-face games with it and having a good time).... so maybe tentative I would like to give it a try also. Maybe run a short adventure to see how it goes. Not sure yet still considering :D I really want to run some parts of the Scourge of the Slavelords again (had lots of success in the past but have not run it for many, many years)

Leif

Adventurer
We-e-e-e-e-el-l-l-l-l-l-l-l-l-l, I would volunteer to help-out this growing list of PbPers who need a DM, but my last so-called attempt at starting a 5E game here fell flat on its back before we even got one post of the game made. So I'm feeling quite gamemastering-impaired at the moment.

GreenKarl

First Post
What is the procedure then? Just post a recruiting threat? Just want to be sure... I feel like giving it a try. If it fails, well nothing worst then all my failed face-to-face games :D

Scotley

Hero
It is pretty informal here. Just start a new thread in talking the talk. Be clear about your expectations for players and their characters. If you build it, they will come.

industrygothica

Adventurer
So, all this talk about Ravenloft recently has to have motivated someone to pull the stake out of Strahd's heart and give the ol' boy some life again. You know you want to...

If someone decides to give it a shot in 5e before March, give me a shout. I'm all over it.

-IG

Leif

Adventurer
I've seen 5E conversions mentioned online, but I wasn't immediately able to find a pdf download for free. I did find a 1E download.

GreenKarl

First Post
Hmm would there be any interest in maybe play-testing my super crazy, out of control D&D 5th/Star Wars Saga? You can find my basic notes here Star Wars Saga/D&D 5th ed. ideas

I am working on Vehicle and Prestige classes right now but once that is done I kind of what to see how it will work in play. My idea would be something for characters at 1st and 2nd level, then jump to 5th/6th level, then 10th/11th level, and maybe if/when something at 15th/16th level. I am NOT ready yet but curious if anyone is interested in play-testing it with me…

Forged Fury

First Post
^I just got the Edge of the Empire book and was thinking about putting together a game. The dice mechanic may make it challenging, but I think it would be interesting. Good luck!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads