• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

EN World New GMs, players, read the first post in this thread! (updated 5/21)

GreenKarl

First Post
I am playing in an Edge of the Empire/Age of Rebellion game right now... I am not sold on the dice yet but the system is certainly unique and different.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
I am playing in an Edge of the Empire/Age of Rebellion game right now... I am not sold on the dice yet but the system is certainly unique and different.
I have played all 3 of these extensively in the last year. I really like them. I agree, dice system might make it challenging for PBP.

GreenKarl

First Post
Yea... I think part of my problem with the system was last session was heavy combat, fighting lots of minions and it was a slog getting through it (like 4 hours for 4 rounds). And even then the GM more or less ignore Advantage/Disadvantage except when we could take out two minions instead of one or when a player got back strain. I guess I just don't feel they add anything unless the GM is really on top of his game and willing to allow players and himself get into descriptions. For causal players... not sure.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Huh. Our combats are never that long. Guess it depends on party composition maybe? But then we have been playing for over a year so we are pretty familiar with how it works.

Forged Fury

First Post
I agree, dice system might make it challenging for PBP.

The book does have a chart to translate standard D6/D8/D12 dice to the symbols they use... but I don't know how well that would work with people totally unfamiliar with the mechanic. If I was going to run one here, I was thinking about using an online roller and posting the results in the OOC thread, explaining what the dice mean, and then having the PC post in the IC thread. Not sure how it would work out.

Forged Fury

First Post
You'd basically have to do a chart for the roll, I think.

OOC: Ability =[roll0]
Proficiency = [roll1]
Boost = [roll2]
Difficulty = [roll3]
Challenge = [roll4]
Setback = None

Net Results: 3 Success, 3 Advantage

Forged Fury

First Post
I guess alternately, you could use an online roller and post the results as an image. It's definitely better looking and clearer.

Test Roll.jpg

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads