• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D (2024) New leak looks real bad

Reynard

Legend
Supporter
This whole thread just seems like a nothing burger, despite the inflammatory title. What we know is that there is an alleged leak purporting to show that at some point WotC may or may not release a new product, that may or may not have a monthly subscription service, that may or may not have a top pricing tier of $30/month, for which you may or may not get a bunch of different things, which may or may not be worth it to you.

That about sum it up?
Also, everyone in charge is a poopy head.

mamba

Legend
We're not talking about the OGL my man. We're discussing the proposed top tier fee of $30/month and what you could get for that which would seem reasonable, the the hypothetical. Are you in the wrong thread?
clearly we are having two separate discussions, but you replied to me (and your reply to my post already made no sense to me then, see ‘what has this to do with anything at all?’), so… I was just trying to make sense of your reply to me ;)

Remathilis

Legend
No he did not say that, that was just them making a joke about how he's posting the video despite the leak not being confirmed to him. While trying to make it look as bad as possible.
I might be confusing it with whoever started their video with an appeal to boycott the D&D movie.

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
Also, everyone in charge is a poopy head.

I have in on reasonably good authority, that I cannot currently disclose, that Hasbro has done absolutely nothing to forestall the eventual heat death of the universe!

Moreover, when this issue was raised by an employee, the People In Charge(tm) were dismissive of this concern which affects all gamers ... in the long run. How's that for short-term thinking?

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
clearly we are having two separate discussions, but you replied to me (and your reply to my post already made no sense to me then, see ‘what has this to do with anything at all?’), so… I was just trying to make sense of your reply to me ;)
LOL no, you replied to me, remember? LINK (my laughing is no disrespect intended it was just a genuinely funny "Who's on first?" moment, which I've done myself before.)

Reynard

Legend
Supporter
In the video he’s skeptical about the new leaks and says so several times.

It’s why I posted this one instead of a variety of other possible videos.
I would humbly submit, then, that they not use video titles that strong suggest clickbait idiocy. The embedded video you posted only shows the screeching title, so there was no way I was going to click on it.

Vaalingrade

Legend
I would humbly submit, then, that they not use video titles that strong suggest clickbait idiocy. The embedded video you posted only shows the screeching title, so there was no way I was going to click on it.
Honestly, don't blame them, blame the other huge company that encourages bad behavior in favor of chasing the bag, Youtube/Alphabet. Youtubers end up having to constantly blare and trumpet to get new views and subscribers because the algo is designed specifically to force them into it or lose traction. They even 'accidentally' unsubscribe people to make sure no one gets comfortable with their existing audience.

Remove ads