• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D (2024) New One D&D Weapons Table Shows 'Mastery' Traits

The weapons table from the upcoming Unearthed Arcana playtest for One D&D has made its way onto the internet via Indestructoboy on Twitter, and reveals some new mechanics. The mastery traits include Nick, Slow, Puncture, Flex, Cleave, Topple, Graze, and Push. These traits are accessible by the warrior classes.

The weapons table from the upcoming Unearthed Arcana playtest for One D&D has made its way onto the internet via Indestructoboy on Twitter, and reveals some new mechanics. The mastery traits include Nick, Slow, Puncture, Flex, Cleave, Topple, Graze, and Push. These traits are accessible by the warrior classes.

96C48DD0-E29F-4661-95F8-B4D55E5AC925.jpeg

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
Calling Hercules and Gilgamesh out as examples of Fighters is the same as calling out Michael Jordan as an example of a basketball player or Tiger Woods as an example of a golfer; in that rather than being typical of their craft they were, in their prime, the absolute pinnacle of it.

I can go shoot hoops every day but I'll still never be MJ. I can bash a ball around a golf course all I like but I'll most certainly never be Tiger Woods. Same holds true of Falstaffe the Fighter - she might be or become pretty good at combat but she'll still never be Hercules; and telling her she will is poor advertising.
Um…but that’s the point of PCs. They do have the MJ potential.

tetrasodium

Legend
Supporter
Epic
The very highest, as in 21st level in a system that normally stops at 20.
That's one area where the ELH really shined. It made for an easy "lol wtf no man your talking about the kind of broken GM inspiration silliness in the ELH not a thing suitable for PCs." into an easy eyeroll response when those power levels were referenced.

Pauln6

Hero
Surely Hercules is a bear totem barbarian with a magical boon to enhance his strength beyond 20? Demi-god Hercules might be tricky to build as a PC but being the son of a god sounds like the DM offering up a boon or two during play to me. And he isn't really a fighter is he? Didn't he go berserk and kill his own family at one point?

Incenjucar

Legend
Surely Hercules is a bear totem barbarian with a magical boon to enhance his strength beyond 20? Demi-god Hercules might be tricky to build as a PC but being the son of a god sounds like the DM offering up a boon or two during play to me. And he isn't really a fighter is he? Didn't he go berserk and kill his own family at one point?
He was cursed. He was otherwise a pretty clever dude who used wits to solve the challenges he faced.

Levistus's_Leviathan

5e Freelancer
Hera hated Hercules (or Heracles/Herakles for the Greek version), because he was Zeus's son from one of his many, many affairs with mortals. So Hera spent all of Hercules' life trying to cause him as much pain and suffering as possible. Which once included driving Hercules mad and causing him to kill his wife and children. So, it's not "barbarian rage", it's more of a mind-control curse from an evil, spiteful goddess.

JohnSnow

Hero
Hera hated Hercules (or Heracles/Herakles for the Greek version), because he was Zeus's son from one of his many, many affairs with mortals. So Hera spent all of Hercules' life trying to cause him as much pain and suffering as possible. Which once included driving Hercules mad and causing him to kill his wife and children. So, it's not "barbarian rage", it's more of a mind-control curse from an evil, spiteful goddess.
And we really shouldn’t pigeonhole fighters as the mundane class. An 18th level fighter is not, in any way, mundane. In D&D terms, the highest level fighter in real world history would probably be about 6th-level. IF that. High single/low double digits is like Captain America or Conan.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads