Unearthed Arcana New UA: 43 D&D Class Feature Variants

The latest Unearthed Arcana is a big 13-page document! “Every character class in D&D has features, and every class gets one or more class feature variants in today’s Unearthed Arcana! These variants replace or enhance a class’s normal features, giving you new ways to enjoy your character’s class.”

The latest Unearthed Arcana is a big 13-page document! “Every character class in D&D has features, and every class gets one or more class feature variants in today’s Unearthed Arcana! These variants replace or enhance a class’s normal features, giving you new ways to enjoy your character’s class.”

B080A4DE-6E00-44A2-9047-F53CB302EA6D.png

I like the concept of variants, where you can customize your PCs changing some class features, like the archetypes of Pathfinder. Do you remember the gladiator from "Dark Sun"? it was a fighter with some little changes.

I like the concept of class and racial feats from Pathfinder. And I miss something like the article "martial cultures" from Dragon Magazine, where some races had got a different list of racial traits to can play with nature classes as ranger or druid.

And I say again some concepts as swashbuckler, knight, assassin, ninja or samurai shouldn't only subclasses but base classes. Some 3rd Party have done it.

Jay Verkuilen

Grand Master of Artificial Flowers
My guess is that they see that people both like to play one character through an entire campaign AND like to try out different builds and stuff. Interesting.
Right. One thing I often find is that one build either doesn't fit the story of the character over time, it starts to get boring in play/doesn't fit with the character concept, or both. Some people switch out characters entirely, which is fine in some cases, but others want to respec. I tend to try to tie story changes with respec, but it may be driven by the way the character is going or dissatisfaction with the play.

Remove ads

Remove ads