D&D 5E New Unearthed Arcana: Folk of the Feywild!

Wander into the magical realm of the Feywild with our latest Unearthed Arcana: Folk of the...

Wander into the magical realm of the Feywild with our latest Unearthed Arcana: Folk of the Feywild!

Your character can be a member of one of the new D&D races: fairy, hobgoblin of the Feywild, owlfolk, or rabbitfolk. Which will you choose?

Playtest now:

45029A1A-E1B6-4BBD-93DB-33A363112735.jpeg

ccooke

Adventurer
I like these (apart from the rabbitfolk jump).

The rewrite of the Hobgoblin save face ability is a lot better, fluff-wise - and fits their origin well. Notice that it's PB/Long rest instead of 1/SR - interesting.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
This is a lot of flying to add to the game all at once. Any DMs with experience with flying PCs want to weigh in on how much of an issue it is at low levels?

I could definitely see these races being bundled with satyr and centaur in a setting book.

And for those with a problem with halflings -- and you people know who you are -- rabbitfolk seem like a good starting point for a replacement people. Give them waistcoats and pocketwatches, Alice in Wonderland style, and you can use a lot of the existing hobbit wardrobe and maybe even flavor.

ccooke

Adventurer
This is a lot of flying to add to the game all at once. Any DMs with experience with flying PCs want to weigh in on how much of an issue it is at low levels?

I could definitely see these races being bundled with satyr and centaur in a setting book.

And for those with a problem with halflings -- and you people know who you are -- rabbitfolk seem like a good starting point for a replacement people. Give them waistcoats and pocketwatches, Alice in Wonderland style, and you can use a lot of the existing hobbit wardrobe.
And just like hobbits, they probably don't wear shoes. Possibly for economic reasons... Either that, or they have to buy clown shoes

Scribe

Legend

And for those with a problem with halflings -- and you people know who you are -- rabbitfolk seem like a good starting point for a replacement people. Give them waistcoats and pocketwatches, Alice in Wonderland style, and you can use a lot of the existing hobbit wardrobe.
:ROFLMAO:

I think anyone with issue with Hobbits probably will have issue with Rabbits.

maceochaid

Explorer
It's interesting that they went this route for the Rabbit/Owl Folk, I am wondering if the developers chose to do these races rather than Hengeyokai or if it is completely separate. Choosing small or medium is an interesting design choice too.

Remove ads

Remove ads