• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E New Unearthed Arcana Today: Giant Themed Class Options and Feats

A new Unearthed Arcana dropped today, focusing on giant-themed player options. "In today’s Unearthed Arcana, we explore character options related to the magic and majesty of giants. This playtest document presents the Path of the Giant barbarian subclass, the Circle of the Primeval druid subclass, the Runecrafter wizard subclass, and a collection of new feats, all for use in Dungeons &...

A new Unearthed Arcana dropped today, focusing on giant-themed player options. "In today’s Unearthed Arcana, we explore character options related to the magic and majesty of giants. This playtest document presents the Path of the Giant barbarian subclass, the Circle of the Primeval druid subclass, the Runecrafter wizard subclass, and a collection of new feats, all for use in Dungeons & Dragons."

New Class options:
  • Barbarian: Path of the Giant
  • Druid: Circle of the Primeval
  • Wizard: Runecrafter Tradition
New Feats:
  • Elemental Touched
  • Ember of the Fire Giant
  • Fury of the Frost Giant
  • Guile of the Cloud Giant
  • Keeness of the Stone Giant
  • Outsized Might
  • Rune Carver Apprentice
  • Rune Carvwr Adept
  • Soul of the Storm Giant
  • Vigor of the Hill Giant
WotC's Jeremy Crawford talks Barbarian Path of the Giant here:

Parmandur

Book-Friend
So, your evidence that Dinosaurs are connected to Primordials is that most of the Forgotten Realms' Dinosaurs are in Chult and Ubtao (a Primordial-turned-God) is the god of Chult.

I don't find that particularly persuasive. It's just one setting's lore for only a single god tangentially connected with Dinosaurs. Not some smoking gun that the Druid subclass is actually connected to Giants somehow.
It was the standard lore in 4E, and it was written by James Wyatt in 4E...who is writing this Giant/Primordial lore with Dinosaurs on the side.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
So, your evidence that Dinosaurs are connected to Primordials is that most of the Forgotten Realms' Dinosaurs are in Chult and Ubtao (a Primordial-turned-God) is the god of Chult.

I don't find that particularly persuasive. It's just one setting's lore for only a single god tangentially connected with Dinosaurs. Not some smoking gun that the Druid subclass is actually connected to Giants somehow.
Also note that it is not a merely nominal, locational linkahe: all Dinosaurs in the Forgotten Realms are the creation of a Primordial, that is, linked to the Giant mythos. Giant/Primordial/Dinosaurs supplement, incoiming.

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
Italy has a really strong culture of the techniques of coffee making. Their cafes are, indeed, cafes.
I've never been there, mostly it's just stories I've heard about from others who have. Definitely a strong coffee culture, but it sounds like a lot of the stories I hear about are hole in the wall coffee shops where you get your shot of coffee and head to work.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
You are historically accurate, but the first exposure I had to the word cafe was referencing French and Italian cafes.
And my first exposure was Starbucks when I was a kid. Doesn't mean cafés are American.

Though now that I say that, I wonder if there is a generational difference? As a Milleniel, I don't think Europe when I hear café, because it is just a normal part of everyday life.

Remove ads

Remove ads