No Longer an Interest Check - 5E Rise of Tiamat + Corebooks PBP - OOC

Envisioner

Explorer
PS guys, does Grimnir have a plan for the collected water? If he isn't planning to do something clerical involving them, I wonder if we could position them to close up a major plot hole that we have at the moment. You stopped the cult from burning the back door down, but there's currently nothing that will stop them from just trying again. So maybe the point of the water is to prevent the building from being burned down, even though the fires are outside and the water is inside - maybe the temple has a second floor with some holes that you can pour water out of, I dunno. The adventure path really doesn't go into the level of detail I wanted for this.

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Sounds about right. I'm honestly not seeing a good way to evacuate a pile of uncooperative civilians to the keep especially with the PC's so heavily damaged. Also, we'll need a short rest so Grimnir and Lyle can spend some HD and Mornok can get a slot back.

Envisioner

Explorer
Sounds about right. I'm honestly not seeing a good way to evacuate a pile of uncooperative civilians to the keep especially with the PC's so heavily damaged. Also, we'll need a short rest so Grimnir and Lyle can spend some HD and Mornok can get a slot back.

I'd actually like to give you a long rest, but I'm still working out how to do it, given that you don't even have an hour to rest here in the church while it's under siege. You're lucky if you have a few minutes actually; if I hadn't thought of a bunch of stuff I wanted to do, I'd already have had the bad guys start trying to break in, but they certainly won't take much longer.

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
I'd actually like to give you a long rest, but I'm still working out how to do it, given that you don't even have an hour to rest here in the church while it's under siege. You're lucky if you have a few minutes actually; if I hadn't thought of a bunch of stuff I wanted to do, I'd already have had the bad guys start trying to break in, but they certainly won't take much longer.

If you want to give them a breather for a short rest, give them one. Military organization and mustering for an operation always takes longer than you expect.

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
If a rest is possible, it’ll be a short one. Longer would be nice for Grimnir, but 6 or 8 hours (I don’t recall with certainty) is unrealistic. Regaining a HD is absolutely welcome, because I’m at just 1 hp...

I wasn’t sure about the water yet. Obviously with all the fire around it’ll come in handy, and well, as a cleric of Umberlee Grimnir feels a natural instinct to have some close. Even if it’s just to sacrifice something or someone in.

We could keep the building not-on-fire long enough for that short rest, I reckon?

As far as Lyle’s attempts go, I think he’s working with what he’s got in a creative way. Seems like a great way to play out him figuring out that he can use those nefarious methods for the good of the people, and find his place on the side of good people in the world. So yeah, I actually love what he’s doing and see no reason why it wouldn’t work (except for poor rolls, of course).

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Pretty sure Mornok is uninjured? He shielded against the kobolds in the first encounter and the others took the brunt of the damage in the second.

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
I think so too, but it seems to make little difference for their tactics. Two full health dwarves, only one in armor.

Envisioner

Explorer
I think so too, but it seems to make little difference for their tactics. Two full health dwarves, only one in armor.

Mornok will get armor soon. An adequate suit is only 75 gp, they'll certainly qualify for substantially more treasure than that among them. At this point the only issue is time and existing military needs.

Envisioner

Explorer
Pretty sure Mornok is uninjured? He shielded against the kobolds in the first encounter and the others took the brunt of the damage in the second.

Right you are. You're out of spell slots IIRC but you have most if not all of your HP. But you're a wizard, so they are not numerous.

Remove ads