D&D 5E No One Plays High Level?

Minigiant

Legend
Supporter
that is simply the most untrue statement I have ever heard about perfectionist's every. LMAO.
There are "perfectionists" who choose the perfect action on their turn and there are perfectionists who email the flowchart for their perfect actions a week ahead to the player they trust when they can't make a session with a "Don't let the DM see this" signature.

nevin

Hero
There are "perfectionists" who choose the perfect action on their turn and there are perfectionists who email the flowchart for their perfect actions a week ahead to the player they trust when they can't make a session with a "Don't let the DM see this" signature.
if it doesn't slow the game down I'm all for it.

Oofta

Legend
Okay. I can tango.

I wish to create a new spell called Wishh that has exactly the same effects as Wish and add it to my spell book and cast it with my slots etc etc. now it doesn’t matter if I lose the ability to cast Wish, I can still cast Wishh.

Note since Wishh is exactly the same effects as Wish then failing the roll on Wishh only means I cannot cast Wish.

Do I win d&d yet?

That sounds a little wisshy washhy. ;)

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
I didn't wish for the ability to create the spell, i wished to create it.
Correct. You wish to(in the future) create it. You didn't wish for it to have already been created. So it gave you all that you needed to be able to create it. It's just going to be a royal pain in the real to get the stuff together.

Wishes like that are among the top abuses for wishes. See the no wishing for more wishes clauses all over the place. Those kinds of wishes get twisted to high heaven or just flat out don't work. :p

FrogReaver

As long as i get to be the frog
Correct. You wish to(in the future) create it.
No. I wished to create it (now).
You didn't wish for it to have already been created.
I don't want it already to have been created. Which is why i wished to create it, as opposed to wishing for it to already have been created.
So it gave you all that you needed to be able to create it. It's just going to be a royal pain in the real to get the stuff together.
But that wasn't what I wished for.
Wishes like that are among the top abuses for wishes. See the no wishing for more wishes clauses all over the place. Those kinds of wishes get twisted to high heaven or just flat out don't work. :p
IMO, i think most of the twisting ends up not actually giving the person what the specifically wished for - that's what your twisting is amounting to. I'm sure there's valid ways of twisting, but what you are doing isn't.

Autumnal

Bruce Baugh, Writer of Fortune
Correct. You wish to(in the future) create it. You didn't wish for it to have already been created. So it gave you all that you needed to be able to create it. It's just going to be a royal pain in the real to get the stuff together.
But he didn’t do that at all. And the not-already-crested stuff seems like a sort of grammatical trickery I was tired of from other contexts before I ever discovered D&D.

Someone’s twisting here, but it isn’t him.

Genuine question: how does this help or improve the game? Surely his intent is clear, and it doesn’t seem at all out of line for the overall state of play at that level. I personally as a player would really prefer having the wish flat-out denied to having it crocked this way.

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
But he didn’t do that at all. And the not-already-crested stuff seems like a sort of grammatical trickery I was tired of from other contexts before I ever discovered D&D.

Someone’s twisting here, but it isn’t him.

Genuine question: how does this help or improve the game? Surely his intent is clear, and it doesn’t seem at all out of line for the overall state of play at that level. I personally as a player would really prefer having the wish flat-out denied to having it crocked this way.
I was actually just trying to have a bit of fun with his fun post. 🤷‍♂️

It is the kind of wish that just gets denied for being too powerful, or twisted by those DMs who do that. I stopped twisting wishes decades ago. :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads