Nocturne of Sorrow, Orsal J

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
"Agreed," Quozen replies, standing at the ready. Rapier drawn, he carefully scans ahead. "I managed to avoid the worst of the beasts, so I will continue to take point. I will take watch for everyone if we need to. However, I want us to keep moving if at all possible--we should minimize the time we spend out here."

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Quozen leads the group onward through the twilight plains, looking carefully in all directions in case of undead ambush. They continue onward, still without any divine magic to protect them, when suddenly, like a beacon of hope in the distance, they espy the Monastery of Midnight Asylum, miles away and still small yet, but desperately close!*

*The group, newly motivated, presses forward southeast towards the monastery, but just then, Quozen hears a loud shambling and moaning sound coming from the rocky hills over to the southwest. Putting his hand to his forehead and straining to make out the source, he is alarmed to see the ghostly figure from before, sigils swirling around its head in quiet malevolence, leading a small army of shambling zombies to intercept the group.*

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: It looks like the unencumbered humans could probably make it to the monastery before the undead caught up (assuming they make a DC 10 Con check). The dwarves are not fast enough to escape, however. You could all go at dwarf speed, make it about four-nineths of the way there before the undead catch up, and try to make a stand though)

Last edited:

Bison

First Post
Droggle looks back at the enemy, knowing he can not out run them. "perhaps we could evade them long enough to get away, then continue on to the monestary"

thegreyman

First Post
Dorrin looks at the odds, and figures they aren't good. "Anyone who can make it should leave now. The mission is all that matters. Get to the monastery and let the monks know. The rest of us will get as far as possible. If you can, send help from the monks, but don't risk the mission! The dragon is the real threat remember."

He pauses for second, then passes the wand over to one of the unencumbered humans. "Your need will be more pressing."

ooc: When you say "army", does that mean 'army of one' or soviet russia's army of ten thousand? Rough count mind you, I know I can't get any more exact.

Remove ads