• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Nocturne of Sorrow, Orsal J

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Perhaps you were thinking of the arithmetic mean? The geometric mean of 1 and 10000 is only 100. That's...possible, if these are more-or-less as strong as standard zombies. Not likely, but possible.)

thegreyman

First Post
ooc: I figured 100ish. Isn't that what no hope means? A heroic fight to the death with little chance to live! To quote a movie (but sadly not the book): "Certainty of Death? Small chance of success? What are we waiting for?"

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
Quozen scans the horizon, and calls back. "A zombie horde! Coming this way! Led by the ghost from earlier! Everybody, run for the temple!"

"Gloria, quick, how could we damage the ghost from earlier? Everyone else, we might need to hold them off as we keep the mission going!"

Bison

First Post
Droggle looks to the monestary.

"well, I say we stop debating and get moving, I just hope the monestary will provide some shelter from these abominations"

(Now this may be meta-gaming, and Droggle certainly wouldnt know this, but I was under the impression that zombies can not move at double their base speed, whereas I can, so Im not sure why I can't outrun the zombies?)

thegreyman

First Post
ooc: They're prolly mostly in between us and the monastery. Also, while we can easily do the whole walking thing for 8 hours, they can for 24, so it's a losing race unless your faster.

Bison

First Post
OOC - well if they are between the party and the temple, then running for it isnt an option.
second, I was under the impression that the monestary is within visual distance now. Unless the monestary is almost impossibly big and tall (like a modern skyscraper) Droggle should be able to run the distance between him and it. Granted, the terrain may make that assumption not valid. but the picture I have im my head right now makes it seem like Droggle could make it

EDIT - I do see where it was posted that the monestary was "miles" away. I suppose that is where the confusion comes in. a character should be able to run for at least a few miles easlily, and farther with con checks.

Last edited:

LogicsFate

First Post
Huh, The keepers or the shrine have been here for untold ages, perhaps we can enlist there aid against this horde. If not then there is a possibility that if we take the specter it will release it's hold on our heavenly given powers and we might be able to take the fight to the horde. Though if i were a betting man, I'd say the odds would still be for the house

Yeah we definitely should head to the monestary and talk on the way.

Remove ads