• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Nocturne of Sorrow, Orsal J

Rystil Arden

First Post
Bison said:
OOC - well if they are between the party and the temple, then running for it isnt an option.
second, I was under the impression that the monestary is within visual distance now. Unless the monestary is almost impossibly big and tall (like a modern skyscraper) Droggle should be able to run the distance between him and it. Granted, the terrain may make that assumption not valid. but the picture I have im my head right now makes it seem like Droggle could make it

EDIT - I do see where it was posted that the monestary was "miles" away. I suppose that is where the confusion comes in. a character should be able to run for at least a few miles easlily, and farther with con checks.
(OOC: I think your key mistake is assuming that the monsters are by-the-book Monster Manual zombies and then, as you admitted, doing a bit of metagaming from there based on knowledge that your character doesn't have ;)

Based on Droggle's in-game perception of the zombified horde, they are moving too fast for him to outrun them)

Last edited:

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: The area is mainly flat. There are small amounts of sickly trees and minor scrub brush and a greater but not overwhelming number of small rocky outcroppings)

jaker2003

Explorer
Jace, Cleric 2, moving at Dwarf speed

Jace adjusts his pack. "Here's an idea, we make for the monestary. If that army gets close, Gloria can enhance a crossbow and we can shoot at the ghost as we continue to run. If we get close enough to the monestary, the monks there may come out to help us."

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: So is the decision, then, to not send off a runner who moves at better-than-dwarf speed but to instead move as a group at dwarf speed and hope for the best?)

thegreyman

First Post
ooc: Well, that's not my decision, but since I'm one of those dwarf speed people, I don't think I have much choice... I really think we need to send off everyone that can move faster rather than just one. What happens if there is an ambush party for the relief column? That ghost beastie might be smart enough for it. Hoping the monks see us might get us all killed. Talking to them ensures that some at least live. Course, it's up the fast characters if they want to stay behind...

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: And of course, I don't know if anyone has the right equipment to send up a signal flare or something. Seeing you guys pursued by a zombie horde in time might be possible for the monks, but they'll have to roll well on Spot)

ethandrul

First Post
Damn these human undead! It had to be long legged, no breathers again didn't it? Let the humans run ahead- I will take to the highest ground I can find and ready for their approach.
Droogle, Will you stand by me? Make sure I die with my weapon in my hand.

Hasin looks at the humans

Don't just stand there- RUN!

ooc- we need lot's of magic so enchant us as much as possible- and give us the wand

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
"Gloria! Cast the Magic Weapon on Droggle or Hasin, then we run! We have to make it to the monastery, and do not worry... I won't let you fall."

Quozen waits a second for Gloria, taking the chance to address everyone.

"Everyone... it is good to know you. Run with us as you can, but if they come too close, try to take down the ghost. It seems to lead the zombies, and killing it might give you a chance to escape with your lives. Kill the ghost, and defend the ghost-killer. Gloria, we are needed at the monastery."

Quozen starts a slower run, knowing this will be more marathon than sprint for now.

Remove ads