• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Non-Core Class Survivor: Round 10 - The Top Ten (predict the final 3)

Which class do you want to vote off the list?

• Archivist (Heroes of Horror)

Votes: 18 7.4%
  • Beguiler (Player's Handbook II)

Votes: 15 6.1%
  • Binder (Tome of Magic)

Votes: 29 11.9%
  • Dread Necromancer (Heroes of Horror)

Votes: 50 20.5%
  • Duskblade (Player's Handbook II)

Votes: 5 2.0%
  • Knight (Player's Handbook II)

Votes: 41 16.8%
  • Psion (Expanded Psionics Handbook)

Votes: 41 16.8%
  • Psychic Warrior (Expanded Psionics Handbook)

Votes: 19 7.8%
  • Scout (Complete Adventurer)

Votes: 11 4.5%
  • Warlock (Complete Arcane)

Votes: 15 6.1%

• Poll closed .

Glyfair

Explorer
The Warmage and Artificer left the list last round and we are down to the final 10. This round, I'd like to see everyone post what they think the final 3 classes will be.

As previously, vote for the class you want to vote off the list. The class getting the most votes will be removed from the list.

Remember, predict the final 3! I'll stick with my 3 of the Beguiler, Duskblade & Warlock.

Arkhandus

First Post
About time that pesky Warmage got lost. And the Artificer too.

I voted for the Dread Necromancer to go. All the ones I really wanted to see gone are gone now, so I have to vote off lesser nuisances.

I predict the Beguiler, Duskblade, and Scout will be the final three.

There is much hate for the Knight, Warlock, and psionic classes around EN World for some reason, so I'm sure that there's only a small chance they'll survive. I'm personally not sure about the Knight and Warlock, but I do know I don't like the Warlock's flavor at least, so I may start voting for it to go away soon.

Nonlethal Force

First Post
At this point, I honestly don't care what the final three classes will be. Once the dread necromancer is gone, I'm going to stop voting anyhow. I like all the rest of the classes and I don't really to care for voting against classes I like.

I just have a personal issue with necromancers. The archivist is okay, the binder I don't really know but it seems okay from what others have said. Other than that ...

I wouldn expect the Duskblade, the Beguiler, and the Scout to make the final three.

If I had a personal preference, I would choose:

Psion - because it is a solid base class that adds a unique flavor to any game. Like any PHB base class, it can be built poorly or optimized.

Duskblade - Again, it is a solid base class that adds good flavor to any game. I think it could stand up toe to toe against any of the original classes and be legitimate.

Warlock - This is a solid base class that if anything tends to be a bit weak unless the player pays close attention to a single character theme. I ove the flavor of the warlock, however, and it adds many unique aspects to a game.

arscott

First Post
Archivist, Psychic Warrior, and Scout

Archivist seems like a class that a lot of people find interesting, and nobody really dislikes.

I don't think the Anti-psionics contingent is strong enough to vote off both remaining psi-classes, especially now that it's down to one elimination per round.

And I think the scout is probably going to stick around for the win.

The artificer is gone and my job is done. :)

As for predicting a final three, I suppose it all depends. I think both psionic classes will go as the psionic hate rallies together. As for the others, who knows. My favourite classes out of what's left are Scout, Duskblade and Warlock with special mention for the archivist. I would most likely choose one of these for my next character when I put down the DM hat for a while.

Best Regards
Herremann the Wise

briezee

First Post
It starting to get to the point where it's getting hard to vote as I don't have a lot of the supplements. But my guess will be Archivist, Beguiler and Scout.

Kunimatyu

First Post
Why all the Duskblade love, guys? Mechanically it's very good(perhaps a bit too much so...adding a touch attack spell to every attack in a full attack sequence?), but it doesn't have the flavor and mechanical inventiveness of some of the others.

Scout and Warlock are really the only two I want to see stick around. Warlock is very unique, and Scout does Ranger better than Ranger, without being mechanically too strong. Also, a Scout can be the party's Rogue, whereas a Ranger can't.

Duskblade is too elfy for me to really like it. Plus, the name is goofy and has little to do with the class. I can understand why a player with an undying love for the old Elf class would pick it, but bleh.

Beguiler, Dread Necromancer, and Warmage I like, but they really aren't up to the standards of the rest of the list.

Kunimatyu

First Post
Oh, and let me just give a shout-out for the Knight: having played one for awhile, it really is a very enjoyable class, and I like how the roleplaying and mechanics complement each other so well. I'm not certain it's Top3 material, but it doesn't deserve all the hate, either.

Kunimatyu

First Post
briezee said:
It starting to get to the point where it's getting hard to vote as I don't have a lot of the supplements. But my guess will be Archivist, Beguiler and Scout.

Why let a lack of familiarity stop you from voting? It's all about irrationally hating classes you've never read and never seen in play, mang. :D

drothgery

First Post
Because another crack at the warlock seems futile, voted for Dread Necromancer this time (I like the general style of the mechanics, but eventually I'd've had to finish off the 'no LG characters need apply' classes)...

Going with my heart, the final three should be archivist, scout, and psion. My head says psion won't make it, and beguiler probably will.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads