D&D 4E Not going to 4e

Belen

Adventurer
I will not be upgrading any time in the first year or so. The PHB has too many classes and races that I do not like or want in my games. I will happily continue to play 3.5.

Stormtower

First Post
I won't be DMing 4e nor will I buy any 4e stuff. It's not hate for 4e as much as it is untapped potential for all the cool 3.5/OGL stuff I haven't used yet. I'm a "one game at a time" DM.

On the player side, there's one DM locally whom I will try 4e with, if he's willing to share his books at the table. I'm still stuck on voting against 4e with my wallet, but I respect the DM too much to blow off his offer to try the game.

Prodigal_Sun

First Post
After playing star wars SAGA edition, there is no way I could play 3.5 ever again. I am anxiously waiting for 4th edition, liking all the crunch (till now) and most of the fluff (mostly pantheon, planar things, new devils and demons, lizard like race,... wizard traditions are just meh) . :D

Clavis

First Post
I already refuse to DM 3.x edition, although I'll play it. Based on the previews and leaks, it looks like I'll have the same relationship with 4th edition. Buying the 4th edition PHB, however, is not a priority at all, since I'm already DMing a C&C game.

scruffygrognard

Adventurer
Hunter In Darkness said:
ok heres a thread just to see who else here has no plans to go on to 4e . not looking for any flames , anti-4e or down with 4e stuff. just wanting to see who else besides myself really has no intrest in 4e .
I'm not up for 4th edition. It bums me out but I'm not digging the changes being made.

Psion

Adventurer
Define "go to 4e".

Some things about 4e I am genuinely interested in. But it's just not D&D to me and won't accommodate my long labored campaign meta-setting that has persisted from 1e to 3e, which is important to me. And it doesn't support many game elements that interest me out of the box.

So in a way, I'll probably approach 4e the same way I do Arcana Evolved or Exalted: It looks like an interesting game on its own merits and I might play a bit on a lark, but it won't supplant D&D for me.

pawsplay

Hero
I might try 4e on its own merits, but I just don't think it's D&D to me. The whole thing just reminds me of "kung fu paladins of Wee Jas."

sjmiller

Explorer
Currently, the only 4e I plan on going to is GURPS. What I have seen for D&D 4e has not impressed me. It has annoyed me, confused me, but it has not thrilled me. If I plan on playing D&D in the future, I will stick with 3.0 (with modifications).

GlassJaw

Hero
Interested? As a gamer and armchair designer, of course. I'm always interested in seeing what WotC comes up with.

Switching? Still TBD. As of right now, I'm leaning more towards "no" but I'm still reserving final judgment. I've been working on my own 3.75 house rules and I'm actually looking forward to getting a new campaign going, even with 4E on the horizon. So most likely my 4E answer will be "not right away".

Remove ads