Now that 4e is upon us, what will you do?

What will you do?

• Stop the current campaign, switch to 4th edition

Votes: 39 19.4%
  • 4th edition is bringing me back to D&D. We're starting a new 4th edition campaign

Votes: 36 17.9%
  • Business as usual - no conversions.

Votes: 103 51.2%
  • We're converting our ongoing campaign to 4th edition

Votes: 14 7.0%
  • We're converting our ongoing campaign to Pathfinder

Votes: 18 9.0%
  • Stop the current campaign. Play something other than D&D for a while

Votes: 8 4.0%
  • Stop the current campaign, switch to Pathfinder

Votes: 7 3.5%
  • I have no freaking idea.

Votes: 17 8.5%

mhacdebhandia

Explorer
I'm currently running the Pathfinder Rise of the Runelords adventure path more-or-less as written - i.e., for revised Third Edition D&D. We have a few houserules, including the Pathfinder RPG's grappling rules, but otherwise I ain't changing much.

(As an aside, it's mildly annoying that I can't say "I'm running a Pathfinder game" without clarifying that I'm talking about the adventure path, not the roleplaying game.)

I think my players are all perfectly comfortable with the idea of changing systems to Fourth Edition. We're not far into the storyline, and the PCs are all from classes found in the new Player's Handbook - we have a cleric, a paladin, a rogue, and a wizard.

All five of us play World of Warcraft together, so some elements of similarity with that game aren't a problem. Sarah, who plays the rogue, is already playing her in a striker-like fashion, hurling knives and leaping into combat to flank with the paladin. My wife Lexa, who plays the cleric, seems pretty excited to play a Fourth Edition battle cleric - she's already spent quite a bit of time shoulder-to-shoulder with the paladin.

MaxKaladin

First Post
I plan to play something else for a while. I'm playing in two games that will keep on going as usual with 3e (not 3.5, 3.0). I'm not running a game right now, but I'm making plans to start a new game using another system (not decided which yet, perhaps C&C, 1e or GURPS).

Keep playing the 3.5 campaign I'm running. Then play Bob's Cthulhu campaign. Then possibly either John's Shackled City in 3.5, Matt's d20 Star Wars game or Franz's Shadowrun game.

By that time, Kevin will probably be itching to run Rise of the Runelords in 3.5 or something.

Absolutely no 4e plans in our group, and we're booked solid for a good three years out (actually probably quite a bit more than that) unless we change our plans.

Buttercup

Princess of Florin
Other.

Our current Midnight campaign will be wrapping up by the end of June. Then d20Dwarf will run Keep on the Shadowfell for us, so we can test out the 4e rules. Then I'll be running a short (6to 8 months) campaign, using either E6 or Pathfinder. After that, either d20Dwarf will DM again, system and setting to be determined, or another member of our group will try his hand at it. I highly doubt we'll play any 4e after the test game.

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
I will continue my "Second Son of a Second Son" 3.xE (heavily house-ruled) Aquerra campaign (check .sig for story hour and link to the Aquerra wiki), which has been going strong for going on a year and a half and my campaigns usually run 4 to 6 years, so I figure I will be ready to test out 4.5 or 5E (I'm not kidding - I'm calling it) around 2012 or '13.

Roadkill101

Explorer
Business as usual for me. I'll continue to run my homebrew campaign.
I use my own system, so D&D edition changes (or any other published systems) have no major impact on my game.
I've got the core books on pre-order and will take my time to read through them and eventually give 4e a test run, just as I did with 3e. If I like 4e enough, I'll run a campaign or two in addition to what I'm already running, assuming about half the players in my group obtain a copy of the 4th PHB (I'm only sure of one of my players buying anything 4e, who will get at least all 3 core books eventually being the groups only other GM).

Psion

Adventurer
Nobody in my group has expressed any interest in 4e.

If I bump into a friend who wants to run it, I'd consider it. But I am in no rush to run it.

Remove ads