Now You Can Play With Vin Diesel's WITCH HUNTER Class!

The class played by Vin Diesel in his recent D&D game was a custom class called the Witch Hunter, designed for him by DM Matt Mercer. Geek & Sundry has released the class as a nine-page PDF! "In a landscape tormented by all manner of beasts, devils, and abominations from beyond the veil, most live in fear of the dark, of superstition, and of the unknown. Some grow hardened by this experience, instead choosing to stand up and fight against the tide of shadow. These folk are called 'heroes'. Some, however, are so fanatical and bent on destroying the anethema that plagues the countryside that they embrace dark, forbidden knowledge. They so obsessively research forgotten magics and dangerous, experimental alchemy to become the perfect hunter that their humanity is often called into question. These folk are called 'Witch Hunters'."

The class played by Vin Diesel in his recent D&D game was a custom class called the Witch Hunter, designed for him by DM Matt Mercer. Geek & Sundry has released the class as a nine-page PDF! "In a landscape tormented by all manner of beasts, devils, and abominations from beyond the veil, most live in fear of the dark, of superstition, and of the unknown. Some grow hardened by this experience, instead choosing to stand up and fight against the tide of shadow. These folk are called 'heroes'. Some, however, are so fanatical and bent on destroying the anethema that plagues the countryside that they embrace dark, forbidden knowledge. They so obsessively research forgotten magics and dangerous, experimental alchemy to become the perfect hunter that their humanity is often called into question. These folk are called 'Witch Hunters'."

Find the PDF over at Geek & Sundry here. It's a fully illustrated 20-level class for D&D 5th Edition, with three Orders to choose from - Order of the Ghostslayer, Order of the Profane Soul, and Order of the Mutant.

Watch Vin Diesel's D&D game below.

[video=youtube;yLEMb_RIZ3o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLEMb_RIZ3o[/video]

Staccat0

First Post
This is a pretty cool class actually. Blood Rite seems a little nutty though. I'd have to see how much the HP payment matters in practice, but it feels like a build with a solid attack mod and a high Con bonus would be insane at low levels.

xorpalm

Explorer
I was a little confused at that blood rite description... (wound yourself is a little trite) I assume you do a weapon attack against yourself (without critting?, automatic success?) with the required weapon and then roll the damage die?

Staccat0

First Post
I was a little confused at that blood rite description... (wound yourself is a little trite) I assume you do a weapon attack against yourself (without critting?, automatic success?) with the required weapon and then roll the damage die?
It just lowers your max HP. The phrasing threw me off for a second too.

dave2008

Legend

You lower your maximum hit points an amount equal to your level. I don't believe it is an attack - no roll required.

xorpalm

Explorer
yep, missed the next line stating max hp goes down by your level, should stop trying to speed read. thx. I guess that's pretty hefty cost ... won't be greasing too many throwing knives :)

Remove ads

Remove ads