• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[NWN] Good Modules? Persistant Worlds?

I just finished beating the everloving crap out of NWN single player (yay 3.0 cleric!), and I'm wondering if anyone here at ENworld knows of a *good* NWN persistant world server. I'm also on the lookout for good single-player modules.

I know that one thing this board does NOT lack is opinions, so speak up!

Thanks,

F

Dark Jezter

First Post
www.adamandjamie.com/nwn

The Dreamcatcher and Shadowlords modules, considered by many to be the best NWN modules ever made. I'd agree with that statement, since I've never played more impressive NWN modules. They surpass even the original campaign in quality!

Last edited:

dave_o

Explorer
I play on a rad persistant world called Narfell (www.narfellpw.com). I'm Tetrax the Subtle on there.

It's got a decent tradeskill system, and it's big enough to be varied, but not so big that it crashes all the time.

On a related note -- would any rad DMs on the boards here be willing to run a regular NWN game? I played in one for a while, every Friday, and it was fun. :D

annadobritt

First Post
Good single player modules:

A Call for Heroes series (3 modules) -- Silencing Rathmann, The Hand of Wu Jan and A Call for Heroes
Grail War:The Beginning
An Ancient Heart
Guild War
Birthright of the North
Gates of Myth Drannor

WizarDru

Adventurer
Dark Jezter said:
www.adamandjamie.com/nwn

The Dreamcatcher and Shadowlords modules, considered by many to be the best NWN modules ever made. I'd agree with that statement, since I've never played more impressive NWN modules. They surpass even the original campaign in quality!
I will second this. These are, IMHO, bar none the best modules out there. They can be single player, but I played through them with my wife, and they played just fine. Better than the single player campaign provided with the game, if you ask me.

I've played on Avilis for persistent worlds, but haven't been there in a few months. I liked their take on things, and the customizations they did with sub races and the like.

LightPhoenix

First Post
WizarDru said:
I will second this. These are, IMHO, bar none the best modules out there. They can be single player, but I played through them with my wife, and they played just fine. Better than the single player campaign provided with the game, if you ask me.
I'll third it - they were very enjoyable modules. I especially loved the ioun stone implementations.

I don't play on persistent worlds though, so no opinions there.

And I really wish I could get my girlfriend playing NWN... that would be so cool! Alas...

Dark Jezter

First Post
Some of the features that Adam Miller is promising in his next series of modules sound incredible, such as a highly-customizable stronghold for your character, and a card game you can play against NPCs.

Whereas the first two modules in the series took place in Faerun, it's sounding like the third series will have a Planescape feel to it. Different areas will include Sigil and various Planes.

Red Baron

First Post
Has anyone tried the "Hyborean Age" module? (Temple of the Spider God, I think it's called)

Just curious, as I don't have a lot of time to play/experiment, but that one sounds fun...

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads