Oathbound : Homecoming (full up)

hafrogman

Adventurer
Gee, am I that forgetable? :)

My only concern would be the fact that the four we have are 3 warriors and a wizard. But, if you don't forsee any problems with that, then on we go.

GPEKO

First Post
Seems like we did indeed lost a few players. Recruiting more people might be a good idea.

I've also noticed that there's an Oathbound thread icon amongst the new lot. It could be fun to add it to both threads :) .

Voadam

Legend
I'd be interested in joining.

I'm flexible on concepts and it sounds like the group needs a cleric

Do you allow godless clerics (I'm thinking of something similar to a godless paladin, good but not tied directly to a specific religion or god)?

Do you have and use the stuff from Bastion's Lore of the Gods series (Norse Gods, Greek Gods, Egyptian gods).

Do you have Bastion's Out for Blood and would you allow an order of the phoenix prestige class to be used (good fighter cleric type with full BAB, Turning, and 2/3 spellcasting).

Would you allow the divine spontaneous caster option from Unearthed Arcana (cleric spell slots, sorcerer spells known plus domain spells)?

Can we start with the evolve (I think that is the name) feat?

If so I have Bastion's Faeries, Wrack and Ruin, and Arena and I'd look for chains from those books.

Voadam

Legend
I'm also thinking of a druid concept. Possibly with some of the shifting classes from Complete Warrior.

Any adjustments to wildshape/polymorph?

Would you allow customization of the class? I would not want to use the companion animal feature, could it be swapped for another power/feat?

Last edited:

Kahuna Burger

First Post
I'm very big on godless clerics actually, I play one in the Living en world game and described a philosophy/organization called the Mortalists who are basicly D&D versions of secular humanists. I should warn you however that I take domain choice very seriously, especially with godless clerics - that is, these are two ideas you are dedicating your life to, with such devotion that you are able to channel your dedication to them into magical power. choose domains you are comfortable roleplaying as well as using the benefits of.

Haven't read any of the lore ofthe gods or out for blood. Prestige races will become available after you get to the forge. The spontaneuous divine caster would be ok, pending acceptance from the other players - if they would fear being overshadowed by it I won't force it on them but I see nothing intrinsicly wrong with it.

I like druids, but animal companions are where its at. ;) I will allow you to use the old version of them where you can have multiple small companions for scouting purposes rather than one big meatsheild. (or possibly a feat I designed to give multiple small companions with different scaling benefits than the meatsheild one)

Kahuna Burger

hafrogman

Adventurer
Kahuna Burger said:
The spontaneuous divine caster would be ok, pending acceptance from the other players - if they would fear being overshadowed by it I won't force it on them but I see nothing intrinsicly wrong with it.

I have no problems with it.

mpickett81

First Post
Hi. I assumed the game had started without me. I never lost interest, I just never got a chance to make up a character. I've got a million things going on in the real world at the moment (new job, new girlfriend, checking out grad school options). What's the current status of the game? If there is still room available Kahuna, set a date (EST) for me to have my PC up by. I will do my best to have a PC up by that day. If not, consider me officially dropped.

Kahuna Burger

First Post
mpickett81 said:
Hi. I assumed the game had started without me. I never lost interest, I just never got a chance to make up a character. I've got a million things going on in the real world at the moment (new job, new girlfriend, checking out grad school options). What's the current status of the game? If there is still room available Kahuna, set a date (EST) for me to have my PC up by. I will do my best to have a PC up by that day. If not, consider me officially dropped.

well, I probably won't have time to do another intro post until tuesday, so if you get someone done by anytime then I'll be happy to include you. There are still two seperate pairs getting to know each other, though I'm hoping they'll move the conversations along so I can drop them into a deathtrap and... er.. that is, so we can start the adventure.... :p

Kahuna Burger

Voadam

Legend
3rd party race

Since you suggested the option of third party races and classes I pulled out Mythic Races and I'm considering a Luminous. If you don't have the book here are the basics, a race that devoted themselves to good, fought a great evil and were decimated but the survivors were rewarded by being infused with positive energy to replace their physical bodies. They have translucent skin but still have hair and fingernails but mostly glow with energy. They are 0 LA, have poison immunity, do not eat or drink, +2 Wis, -2 Cha, +4 on saves vs. Necromancy, increase their glow to torchlight levels, dim themselves with a fort 15 save for con rounds, get +2 on effective turning levels, speak their own language, have two racial feats that can be acquired, and a racial prestige class.

One of the feats allows the luminous to give a second save to another to purge out a poison with a +2 sacred bonus on the save once per Wis Bonus per day.

The other (unyielding aura) allows once per day the generation of a 20 ft r aura that gives a +1 morale bonus to allies attacks, damages, and saves but costs the luminous one hit point per round.

The 5-level lightbringer class requires: luminous, LG, BAB+7, 6 concentration, 6 religion, turning, extra turning, weapon focus, and unyielding aura. It gives d10 HD, 2 skill points, 1/1 spell casting and BAB, Strong Fort and Ref, and four powers at levels 1,2,3,5. 1=remove fear wis times day.2=greater magic weapon 1/day, 3=+1 sacred bonus on attacks, damage, and saves against evil opponents, 5= becomes outsider and gains celestial template.

If these are OK let me know and I'll create a straight spontaneous cleric luminous heading to lightbringer, otherwise I'll write up the character as a human one.

Last edited:

Voadam

Legend
Kyron Shadowstalker

Kyron Shadowstalker
Luminous 7th level godless spontaneous cleric LG
Str 14 (6) +2
Dex 13 (5) +1
Con 14 (6) +2
Int 10 (2) -
Wis 19 (10, +2 racial, +1 level) +4
Cha 12 (6, -2 racial) +1
Hp 49 (8+6d8 +14)
AC 23 (9 armor, 2 shield, 1 Dex, 1 deflection), touch 12, flat footed 22

BAB +5
Attack +8 1d8+2 (19-20)
F +9, R +5, W +11

Luminous traits
Immune to poison, +4 to save vs. Necromancy, exude light, does not eat or drink, +2 on effective turn levels.

Feats
Weapon focus longsword, weapon proficiency longsword, extra turning, purifying light, improved turning

Skills knowledge planar 8, knowledge religion 10, spellcraft 2
Languages Common, Lumin

Domains: Sun and War
Spells per day 6/6/5/4/3
Spells known
0-7
create water, cure minor wounds, detect magic, guidance, light, mending, read magic
1-5DD
bless, comprehend languages, cure light wounds, divine favor, endure elements (D), hide from undead, magic weapon (D)
2-3DD
align weapon, heat metal (D), lesser restoration, resist energy, spiritual weapon (D)
3-2DD
cure serious wounds, dispel magic, magic vestment (D), searing light (D)
4-DD
divine power (D), fire shield (D)

Effective turn level = 10

Equipment
Full plate armor +1 2650
Spiked gauntlet 5 gp
Large steel shield 20
Longsword 15
Holy symbol 1
Cloak of resistance +2 4,000
Ring of deflection +1 2,000
light riding horse 75 gp
1334 gp

Background:
Kyron was born to the Luminous, a sparse race of beings composed of positive energy and devoted to the cause of good and the fight against evil. When it was discovered that he had spots of darkness on the translucent skin of his hand, many of his race feared he was contaminated by negative energy and the soul that incarnated in his body might be corrupted from the cause of good. This only drove young Kyron to devote himself fully to becoming a warrior against supernatural evil. He learned how to harness positive energy and studied the ways of undead, dedicating himself to this path of his people. His studies into undead and supernatural power only fueled the fears of some who felt he was setting himself up to be a great force of evil when his stains of darkness overcame the light within him. Mildly ostracized by his own people, Kyron never quite felt that he fit in with the world but felt on some level that there was more for him to be and do. He didn’t feel evil or diseased, just a little detached from the world, always expecting there should be more from life. This detachment allowed him to focus keenly on his chosen quest to war against evil and develop his spiritual might. He traveled far and wide to hunt down undead and study the accumulated lore relating to his chosen prey. Wherever he heard of plagues of undead he journeyed to offer his aid in fighting the forces of unlife. Eventually Kyron found that as he moved from area to area the relationship of the spots changed, leading him to believe that his hand might even be a map with one of the spots representing himself. After aiding a town that had been plagued by shadows he decided to head out on his own to investigate the spots and discover their mystery.

Last edited:

Remove ads