• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OCC] Stargate SG-1 – Confrontation – OCC Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarval

Explorer
Hi Ajkar, good to have you with us. Especially given the timing of your arrival... :)

Calim said:
Do I have that many hit points?
Jeremiah's got 22 Vitality point, and 14 Wound points, according to the character sheet found here. So while he's not in the best of shape any more, he's still with us :)

Calim

First Post
so taking 21 points did exactly what? I don't have the stargate stuff so I was wondering what is the physical expression of what just happened to this second level character?

Jarval

Explorer
I think that 21 translates to 13 points of Vitality damage, and 8 points of Wound damage, which reduces Jeremiah down to 9 VP and 6 WP. That means Jeremiah's fairly badly wounded, but not in danger of dropping dead from the damage. Of course, all of this is IIRC as I've only had the Stargate book for three days myself.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Calim said:
so taking 21 points did exactly what? I don't have the stargate stuff so I was wondering what is the physical expression of what just happened to this second level character?

With another hit point of damage (bringing you to 0 vitality), you would be considered fatigued (-2 Str, -2 Dex, no run). At that same point, the character must make a fortitude save of DC 10 or be stunned from the impact (for 1-6 rds).

For description, I would consider it a glancing blow that you just managed to roll partially with. You're unwounded (and will recover that vitality damage fully in about 11 hours), but you know you can't take another hit like that . . . maybe it bruised some ribs or something, but nothing long term.

Keia

Last edited:

Keia

I aim to misbehave
I'm letting the fire damage not drop directly to wounds for this fight only (the guy would be too tough if it was), but Jarval would have been exactly right.

Good job! I'm still trying to work out the rules and I've had the book for a couple of months!

Keia

Jarval

Explorer
Keia said:
I'm letting the fire damage not drop directly to wounds for this fight only (the guy would be too tough if it was), but Jarval would have been exactly right.

Good job! I'm still trying to work out the rules and I've had the book for a couple of months!
Thanks :) But if I'm honest, I've been using the VP/WP system for rather longer than three days, not least in the Star Wars Iconics, where I've shot people and been shot at rather too often for comfort...

Nuke261

Rogue Warrior
Lt. Commander Craig Durant

Unrelated question here.
I have started listing my character name in the title box on my posts. I thought it may make things easier to read and keep track of when reading.

Does anyone have any input on this? Does it help? Does it complicate things? Does it matter?

Just curious.
Nuke

Keia

I aim to misbehave
I don't mind it at all. I noticed that Ajkar posted Stewart's name as well. It probably wouldn't hurt to list your name and any current modifier's that are different from your character sheet in the title area. For example (VP/WP), dodge, etc. when it combat situations.

Perhaps the remaining action dice for your character as well. This could be there at all times.

Lt. Commander Craig Durant: 66/14 VP/WP, 4 (d6) AD.

Something along those lines.

Keia

ajkar

First Post
First, thanks to all for the warm welcomes, much appreciated. :)

Second, I like the titles because my biggest problem right now is connecting the person to the character and it eliminates the problem of reading down through the post until I identify which character is acting. :cool:

Third, Keia! Stewart uses quick draw to auto fire (probably not since he had to move unless Grayson and Rylee have moved closer and he could adjust) If he assessed the situation correctly he will spend an action die for defense and try and 'safeguard' Grayson since he seems in pretty bad shape. By the way Stewart has +1 to hit and damage for 'Point Blank'. :D

Fourth, can you make a ruling about cover/suppressive fire vs creatures such as this. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads