• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Of Sound Mind III

Zhure

First Post
Gholog

"I shall do my best."

Gholog closes the distance to the door leaving his weapon at the base of the bellrope. "Should I fall, see that this is returned to my monastery," he says.

"Townspeople! I shall not slay you this day, but long will you nurse the bruises I shall heap upon the forms this ancient evil has usurped."

He drops into a low crouch, arms coiled close to his body, obviously a practiced martial move.

Other Guy

First Post
Jason Master

(OOC)Noted and corrected, thanks, :)(/OOC)

Jason places the crystal in the hands of his halfling companion. “Ok. Make haste, I think I could be much more helpful to Gholog I than could to you right now. We’ll make sure nobody touches you, I promise.” He hurries behind Gholog.

Last edited:

Jarval

Explorer
Letting go of the bellrope, Seraphina grabs the crystal and shoves it into her backpack. Taking hold of the bellrope again, she starts the slow climb up.

Gholog and Jason take a guarding position close to the belltower's barred door. Once the ringing of the Wyrmcall has faded, the sounds of the townsfolk pounding on the door more than doubles in intensity. Despite this effort, it seems to be holding, at least for now...

After nearly two minutes of climbing, and several near falls, Seraphina squeezes herself through the slot for the rope and up into the belfry. Dumping her backpack on the wooden floor, she looks back down to the ground floor of the belltower, just in time to see the sturdy door burst off it's hinges with a shower of wooden splinters. Bellhold's blacksmith stands in the doorway, a sledgehammer in his hands...

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Seraphina jerks the crystal from her pack, not caring if the pack falls but ensuring that she keeps a firm grip on the crystal. Once firmly in hand, she begins banging the bell with it, trying to make as much noise as possible without knocking the crystal from her hands.

Other Guy

First Post
Jason Master

“Uh oh,” Jason says, looking at their new enemy. He pauses for a moment, channeling his ki, then releases it in a strike against the blacksmith, hoping to subdue him long enough for Seraphina to break the crystal.

(OOC)
Stunning Fist against the blacksmith.
DC if it hits = 12
Also, will be doing nonlethal damage to all mind-controlled people.
(/OOC)

Last edited:

Jarval

Explorer
Initiative:
Seraphina 15
Gholog 15
Blacksmith 14
Jason 12

Seraphina strikes the crystal on the bell several times, but makes little impression. The ringing is far quieter that when she was tolling the bell with its rope, and the crystal seems unaffected by the physical impact.

Gholog pummels the blacksmith's torso, nearly winding the man. The smith swings his hammer, Gholog crouching low to avoid the strike, and the hammer goes on to smash into the wall. Little shards of stone scatter across the floor from the impact, the blacksmith trying to regain his balance.

Jason spots his chance, and delivers a single resounding kick to the blacksmith's head. The heavy hammer slips from the man's grip, and he staggers back a step, his hand going up to gingerly touch the spot Jason hit.

The press of Bellhold's townsfolk try to surge through the doorway, but the smith stands firm, his eyes unfocused. For now, at least, you're protected from the hundreds of people outside...

(Both Gholog and Jason's attacks dealt 5 points of damage each, so the smith has taken 10 points so far (all non-lethal). Jason's stunning fist (or foot, as the case may be) succeeded.)

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
"Damn it!" Seraphina curses quietly, and sets the crystal down as close to the bell as possible while ensuring that it won't fall down the hole.

She grabs the rope, and begins tolling the bell once more.

Zhure

First Post
Gholog

Gholog waits until the smith looks like he's rousing, then strikes him again.

readied action - might as well keep the smith in the door as long as possible.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads