• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Official responses to 1 min/level Buff spells

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
Re: hmm

Tell me if i'm wrong in this but doesn't a targetted dispel hit all magic items also suppressing them (if they fail save)?

No. A targetted dispel cast on an item can suppress it. A targetted spell cast on a creature only dispels active spell effects on that person.

If he's wearing Gauntlets of Ogre Power and a Cloak of Charisma, a targetted dispel cast on him won't affect them. A targetted dispel cast on the Cloak will affect the Cloak, but not the Gauntlets or any spells he has cast.

-Hyp.

LokiDR

First Post
This must be a common misconception, as I have seen it pop up here before. I wonder if there is going be revised description on dispel magic in 3.5.

Trainz@work

First Post
Re: Re: Official responses to 1 min/level Buff spells

dcollins said:
This is also greatly at odds with the promotions touting 3.5 Edition as largely collecting lessons and concerns expressed by the player community -- four-fifths of these changes I've never heard anyone complain about.

In your campaign.

In my campaign, 4/5 of those changes are exactly what our group was complaining about. I, for one, am happy with the changes. I feel they hit the nail pretty darn straight.

Numion

First Post
Re: Re: Re: Official responses to 1 min/level Buff spells

Trainz@work said:

In your campaign.

In my campaign, 4/5 of those changes are exactly what our group was complaining about. I, for one, am happy with the changes. I feel they hit the nail pretty darn straight.

I second that. Most of the changes were already somehow altered with houserules (haste, arrows + bows, polymorph, timestop, etc.)

LokiDR

First Post
Re: Re: Re: Re: Official responses to 1 min/level Buff spells

dcollins said:

No, not in my campaign. My judgement is based on the discussions appearing on these messageboards.

That's funny, I didn't think anyone here agreed on anything. All of the changes so far have had several supporters.

Metalsmith

First Post
Shard O'Glase said:

The sorcerer class is basically based upon a person who has the natural ability to gimick things to work. Thematically UMD fits the sorceror better than it fits any class in the game including the ones who actually have the skill.

Baloney!

They gimmick things? When did they start doing this? Do they have Open Locks? Are they able to Disable Devices? Just a minute let me check the character description. Nope nothing about gimicking.

Thematicaly why should a sorcerer start using Divine Scrolls, or a Monks Belt, or a Paladins Sword?

Shard O'Glase

First Post
Re: Re: Official responses to 1 min/level Buff spells

Metalsmith said:

Baloney!

They gimmick things? When did they start doing this? Do they have Open Locks? Are they able to Disable Devices? Just a minute let me check the character description. Nope nothing about gimicking.

Thematicaly why should a sorcerer start using Divine Scrolls, or a Monks Belt, or a Paladins Sword?

You do realise I'm talking about magic. Not locks, magic. The entire sorcerer class is based aorund that they don't have formal training and yet they somehow get magic to work for them. That's about excatly what the UMD skill is about. Thematically the sorcerer should be much more proficient at this than any other class is. If there not thematically supposed to be able to use a monks belt a rogue certainly shouldn't.

Remove ads