D&D 5E OK, 5e is a little broken sometimes.

Donnor80

First Post
This might start some trouble, but I have noticed some broken things in 5e. Like the Tempest Cleric getting awesome bonuses to lightning spells, but no access to said spells. (Until level 3, call lightning once or twice a day) Real funny D&D.

How about the cleric inability to heal during combat? Yeah, burn your highest level spells to keep that Barbarian at max HP while a goblin with a stick undoes that work. Of course, they balance this by being able to heal yourself during short rests, or fighters healing a bit. Why not use a herbalism kit to spend 1/2 the GP and a weeks to brew a healing potion. Lame.

edhel

Explorer
Destructive Wrath (the lvl 2 Channel Divinity power) gives you max damage when you roll either lightning or thunder damage, and you get both the Thunderwave spell and the Wrath of the Storm ability at lvl 1.

Clerics can heal both with Cure (a standard action) and Healing Word (a bonus action). Life clerics can heal several people with their Preserve Life.

EDIT: typos

Lehrbuch

First Post
This might start some trouble, but I have noticed some broken things in 5e. Like the Tempest Cleric getting awesome bonuses to lightning spells, but no access to said spells. (Until level 3, call lightning once or twice a day) Real funny D&D.

You need to read the rules!

Destructive Wrath (level 2 feature) gives a bonus to lightning damage. Wrath of the Storm (level 1 feature) gives a tempest cleric a reaction that deals lightning damage.

hejtmane

Explorer

How about the cleric inability to heal during combat? Yeah, burn your highest level spells to keep that Barbarian at max HP while a goblin with a stick undoes that work. Of course, they balance this by being able to heal yourself during short rests, or fighters healing a bit. Why not use a herbalism kit to spend 1/2 the GP and a weeks to brew a healing potion. Lame.

Wait what prevents a cleric from healing during combat unless some use dispel magic etc, healing word is a first level spell heck 4 healing spells can be cast as a bonus action. Now we can say that it is not worth the effort because of 5e combat but that is not preventing healing in 5e you just need to pick your spots to heal in combat in 5e. If that is what you are alluding too that is not the same thing as not being able to heal in combat we call that the whack a mole issue.

Donnor80

First Post
OK, by no means did I say you cannot heal during combat, but it is certainly not advisable to burn your best spell slots on something so worthless. Like, if you had one fighter that was having an effect that was way more profound than the damage potential of your spells, heal him. Otherwise, it is a waste, right?

Donnor80

First Post
You gotta trust me on this Tempest thing, I played one. More like "temptation". Just throw in shocking grasp cantrip and it's fine. Jesus, the Arcana domain let's you select two wizard cantrips and plop them under wisdom based cleric spells.

Remove ads