Old Master Bug List.

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
I'm having the same issue with Editing - there's a javascript error alert at the bottom of the screen, and none of the buttons do anything.

Also, the "Fork to New Thread" control is a Button input, while Quote, Multiquote, Edit, etc are all images - it's a cosmetic thing, but it lacks consistency.

-Hyp.

jeffh

Adventurer
Quick Reply doesn't work.

The Tools above the new reply box (bold, italics, left indent, hyperlink, etc) don't work. However, manually typing the code into the box still works.

Several of those buttons have never worked, at least not properly (e.g. the ones for creating lists). However, while typing the previous sentence, the italics button worked fine for me.

EDIT: For what it's worth, editing this post is working fine and I am having no black on black problem (in Firefox 2, on a friend's older computer where, even ignoring the fact that it doesn't belong to me, I would be reluctant to upgrade).

However, I am having one cosmetic issue - on the front page, the text of some of the news items, including the large one at the top of the page, is too big for the box meant to contain it. As a result, the "Read More" and "View Comments" links for the top story overlap the headline for the story about the PH2, creating an ugly mess.

Last edited:

jdrakeh

Front Range Warlock
In IE 7, when I attempt to edit my forum posts, I have to click on the edit button twice in order to access an edit screen that recognizes user input. . . but this doesn't consistently work, as I've discovered. Sometimes the forums allows me to submit the edited content and show me the subsequent edited post, but don't retain the editing changes after I click to another thread and then return to the thread in which the edited post appeared (i.e., the post appears as it originally did; the edits appear to have reverted).

Last edited:

JVisgaitis

Explorer
Just wanted to mention again about the Advertise with Us link not working in case it got lost in the shuffle. I can imagine there is a ton of stuff that needs to be fixed, but I figure that should be a priority since its bringing revenue into the site. Plus, I want to purchase some add space! ;)

One other thing I noticed is I have a broken image in the list of icons right next to the php icon. This is the path to that file: http://www.enworld.org/images/divider.jpg

Keep up the good work Michael and don't get disheartened. A lot of people understand how crazy this is to manage and appreciate what you are doing!

dpmcalister

Explorer
Goodbye. (I have an ignore list too, and behavior such as that guarantees any and all of your concerns will be ignored).
You won't see this, but I'll say it anyway - that's just childish!

To expand on Michael's somewhat snarky response: He didn't work on it, because he was working on ENWorld 2 (the current boards) and tried to get it to work - i.e. getting the new boards running had a higher priority than fixing a board that's going to be canned within two or three months (barring crashes and other problems that are more than mere inconveniences).
Read my original post... it was in the thread about the ENWorld 2 Beta! So I wasn't asking for a fix for the old software, but the new software that was, at that time in Beta.

The new bug list is directly aimed at the new version of the boards which is running since a bit more than 24 hours. So it wasn't dragging a problem along for months but re-working almost everything - just without immediate effect.

Cheers, LT.
I know, and I gave him a bug. The fact that he chooses to ignore it and then throw his teddies out of the coat speaks wonders.

Michael Morris

First Post
You won't see this, but I'll say it anyway - that's just childish!

Read my original post... it was in the thread about the ENWorld 2 Beta! So I wasn't asking for a fix for the old software, but the new software that was, at that time in Beta.

I know, and I gave him a bug. The fact that he chooses to ignore it and then throw his teddies out of the coat speaks wonders.

My responses to this are twofold. First, I apologize for my tone and behavior - it was unprofessional.

Second I have re-evaluated how bugs will be handled with the goal of making it easier for other staff volunteers to help me with resolving these issues and organizing how the bugs get submitted, handled and resolved. A new thread, originally a copy of this one, has been created for that purpose. This thread remains in it's original form since no user was warned that their posts could be edited in this thread.

This is no longer the primary bug report thread. If you report a thread here there is no guarantee I'll spot it and work with it.

Remove ads