D&D (2024) (+)One Big Thing I Would Change

aco175

Legend
I would bring back attacking the monsters Fort/Ref/Will saves instead of a saving throw. As a player, I like rolling dice and as a DM, I try to have the players roll the dice. This was when the mage casts a fireball, the player gets to roll the 10 dice to hit and the 8 dice to damage rather then the DM making a save for each monster. I could even keep having monsters that cast fireball allowing the player to make a save for the PC rather than the monster attacking Reflex.

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
better solution would be to delete Constitution.
But more unlikely to happen because they use CON for HP and many saving throws, so they'd have to gerry-rig the game differently to compensate. Mine is merely cosmetic and thus won't require actual game adjustments. :)

Horwath

Legend
But more unlikely to happen because they use CON for HP and many saving throws, so they'd have to gerry-rig the game differently to compensate. Mine is merely cosmetic and thus won't require actual game adjustments. :)

Your would be easier, but deleting Con and merging it into STR would solve 2 problems:
1. Con is almost always passive or just pure resistance score.
2. Dex vs. Str debate

add it to STR

So you want every wizard to be Arnold Schwarzenegger... I meant The Rock...

I guess if you got rid of con, you should just make concentration dependend on your spellcasting stat. Allthough I rather like the Idea of not having both concentration and spell save DC on the same stat.

I think, better than getting rid of a whole stat is just limiting stats to 18, not 20. Takes away a lot of pressure.

Okay. Strength is used for any attempt to lift, push, pull, or break something, to force yourself through tight spaces, to jump, climb, or swim beyond your usual physical limits, and to otherwise apply brute force to a situation.

Constitution otoh measures your health, stamina and vitality.

I could see STR representing your physical health by still providing HP. I am not sure how STR could lend itself to stamina and vitality though. Stamina IMO would work well in determining how close you are to receiving the Fatigued/Exhausted condition and the need for either a short o long rest. A Stamina point mechanic?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases