log in or register to remove this ad

 

5E One Shot: Legends are Made, not Born (IC)

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
With his whole being, Snorri tries to get as far away from the wolf as possible, his back against Milady as he attempts to push her back from harm too, inadvertently ruining her rapier attack. Muttering words of reverence to the Keeper of Secrets Under the Mountain, the dwarf closes his eyes for a moment and lets the sacred touch of Dumathoin heal the worst of his injuries.

OOC: Move back a square if possible, then cast Cure Wounds on myself, regaining [roll0] hitpoints.
 

log in or register to remove this ad

EarlyBird

First Post
"Duck!" Hassan says as he steps up behind the dwarf. A bolt of fire escapes the northman's hand and strikes the already wounded wolf. It yelps rapidly as its fur catches fire. It runs around on the chain unable to get very far away and then collapses in the corner dead.

"NO!!!" comes a bellow that fills the cavern. And then you hear thundering footsteps of something big coming up from around the corner.

[sblock=Blogg]
Blogg.jpg[/sblock]
[sblock=Combat]
Badger: AC 12, HP 9/9
Hassan: AC 16, HP 12/12
Mi'Lady: AC 15, 12/12
Snorri: AC 16, HP 8/10

Blogg: AC 13, HP -00/??, cover[/sblock]
[sblock=Map]
00_ogre cave_4.jpg[/sblock]
 


JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
"That's no troll," Snorri whispers with more than just a bit of anxiety in his voice, "That's... the ogre!"

Almost instinctively, the dwarf turns his attention back to the divine connection he had just moments ago, begging Dumathoin to make the source of Snorri's fear go away or at the very least hurt it sufficiently to become less of a threat.

A bright sparkling light, like reflections from a particularly beautiful vein of precious gemstone found deep inside the earth, flashes right in front of the ogre's face.

OOC: Casting Sacred Flame; Blogg needs to make a DC12 DEX saving throw (cover has no effect) or take [roll0] radiant damage.

I'm not sure if attacking was the best way to go, but it was the most natural thing for the scared dwarf to do. I'm also not sure if we're still in the same initiative; if not, let me know.
 


KahlessNestor

Adventurer


Skulltop Hillock
Morning

“Oh, bloody Abyss,” Milady muttered as she heard the roar and saw the big ogre charging up at them. She sent a crossbow shot at the ogre and then nimbly backpedaled behind Snorri and Hassan.

[sblock=Actions]
Action: Hand crossbow attack and damage: 1D20+7 = [9]+7 = 16
1D6+3 = [6]+3 = 9

Move:
Bonus Action:
Free Interaction:
Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Milady’s Mini Stats]
Inspiration: 0
AC: 15
HP: 12/12 HD: 1/1d10
Init: +3
PP: 10
PI: 12
Bolts: 40 Used: 2
Second Wind (1/R 1d10+1)
[/sblock]
 

EarlyBird

First Post
Hassan sets his glaive and Badger (not letting the warrior have all the fun), sends a firebolt towards the ogre. It hits the wall near the creature's head, but you would think it had caught him full in the face for all the yelling the ogre started to do.

"YOU! YOU! KILLED FUZZY! NOW BLOGG KILLS YOUUU!"
the ogre shouts as he works his way through the tight opening of the tunnel. As he approaches Snorri the dwarf raises his shield in a futile attempt to deflect the massive club Blogg carries. He smashes the dwarf aside with one huge blow (allowing Hassan an opening), and gets a savage cut across the midsection in return. But Blogg seems oblivious to the pain and keeps his red-eyed stare on Badger as he advances.

[sblock=Combat]
Badger: AC 12, HP 9/9
Hassan: AC 16, HP 12/12
Mi'Lady: AC 15, 12/12
Snorri: AC 16, HP 0/10, unconsious, death saves 0/0

Blogg: AC 11, HP -28/??[/sblock]
[sblock=Map]
00_ogre cave_5.jpg[/sblock]

OOC: Party is up. Snorri make a 1d20 death save plz.
 


tglassy

Adventurer
OOC: The following will happen once everyone else goes. I want to make sure his health is low enough.


Badger jumps at the creature’s charge, pulling a small wand out of his sleeve and aiming it at the Monster. A green light shot from the tip, hitting the Ogre in the face.

OOC: Casting Sleep. [roll0]. Unless we’re going strict with initiative, wait until others have weakened him. If his health is lower than this, he falls asleep. If not, and he hits me, I’ll cast Shield, increasing AC to 17.



Sent from my iPad using EN World
 

KahlessNestor

Adventurer


Skulltop Hillock
Morning

OOC: Nice death save, Snorri! You should be conscious at 1 hp now! With an ogre looming over you ready to deal massive damage death…


Damn it! Her dwarven shield went down! Milady maybe felt a little bad. Perhaps. She could think about that later. Right now, there was an ogre.

“Fluffy? Seriously? You named it Fluffy?” Milady taunted. “More like Mangy. Why are you so upset? Was that your girlfriend or something? Well, now you can have a mangy fur coat.”

Milady shot her crossbow at the ogre again and then danced back. “Damn it!” she cursed, as the bolt got caught in the ogre’s man-boobs rather than penetrating and doing any damage.

[sblock=Actions]
Action: Hand crossbow attack and damage: 1D20+7 = [3]+7 = 10
1D6+3 = [6]+3 = 9

Move: Move back three spaces
Bonus Action:
Free Interaction:
Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Milady’s Mini Stats]
Inspiration: 0
AC: 15
HP: 12/12 HD: 1/1d10
Init: +3
PP: 10
PI: 12
Bolts: 40 Used: 2
Second Wind (1/R 1d10+1)
[/sblock]
 

EarlyBird

First Post
Hassan takes a big swing at the creature. "Try and take it alive we still don't know where the townsfolk are!" he shouts.

OOC: Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]
 

EarlyBird

First Post
After Hassan hits the creature aside the head with his glaive, Badger takes his shot at the ogre.

The green light hits the creature straight in the face. It blinks as the light causes spots before its eyes, and then he starts to sway. A huge yawn escapes its lips right before it topples backwards asleep. Blogg starts to snore in the corner of the tunnel.

Everyone sees Snorri start to stand. One hand on his head the other on wall to help hold him up he says deliriously to the wall in front of him, "Don't worry Mi'Lady I'll, I'll protect you!"
 

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Snorri, swaying on his feet, gets into a defensive position, raising his shield awkwardly before his head and holding his hammer ready to strike. It may have looked admirable to see an obviously heavily injured dwarf getting up and ready to fight, if he wasn't facing the unmoving wall.

When the dwarf finally notices the snoring behind him, Snorri whispers, "It's trying to trick us! How could it sleep during a fight like this? Eh?"

He makes a few mock fighting motions towards the wall before dizziness overcomes him. With a sigh, Snorri lowers his shield and weapon.

"Don't feel so well," he mutters.
 

KahlessNestor

Adventurer


Skulltop Hillock
Morning

“Take it alive?” Milady exclaims to Hassan. “You tell him that!”

But Badger’s spell seemed to take the fight out of the ogre, and it collapsed into a snoring heap.

Snorri pulled himself up and looked about to attack the thing, so Milady stepped up quickly, putting a hand on the dwarf’s shoulder.

“The fight is over. Come. Rest,” she said, pulling him back away, seating him on a convenient rock. “I don’t have any healing potions, but maybe this will help.” She pulled out her flask and pressed it to the dwarf’s lips.

As Snorri rested, Milady went to retrieve her crossbow bolts, managing to salvage one of them. Then she returned to Snorri.

“Someone tie that thing up.”

[sblock=Actions]
Action:
Move:
Bonus Action:
Free Interaction:
Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Milady’s Mini Stats]
Inspiration: 0
AC: 15
HP: 12/12 HD: 1/1d10
Init: +3
PP: 10
PI: 12
Bolts: 39 Used: 0
Second Wind (1/R 1d10+1)
[/sblock]
 

EarlyBird

First Post
Grabbing his rope Hassan goes over to the ogre and starts to gently wrap it around the creature's feet. He then slowly puts both the creature's hands on its huge stomach before tying them up as well. When he is finished the creature's feet and hands are tied together and connected by the same rope.

OOC: Short rest for Snorri who needs it while the tying up goes on? If he does then only need to know what Badger and Mi'Lady are up to during this time.
 


KahlessNestor

Adventurer


Skulltop Hillock
Morning

Milady takes a drink from her own flask as the ogre is tied up and they take a short break. “You going to be okay, darling?” Milady asked Snorri. “Can you keep going?” She did a quick check of her equipment before standing. “I’ll take watch. Relax.” She put a delicate hand on his shoulder.

OOC: Milady doesn’t have anything she needs to do during a short rest. She’ll take watch.


[sblock=Actions]
Action: Perception: 1D20 = [20] = 20
Move:
Bonus Action:
Free Interaction:
Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Milady’s Mini Stats]
Inspiration: 0
AC: 15
HP: 12/12 HD: 1/1d10
Init: +3
PP: 10
PI: 12
Bolts: 39 Used: 0
Second Wind (1/R 1d10+1)
[/sblock]
 

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
"Thanks, Milady," Snorri says with a blush before allowing himself to drop down to the floor.

He does not bother finding a suitable spot, but instead lies down on his back where he just stood, folding his hands over his chest in a way that is remarkably like that of a dead body during a funeral. Within moments, a quiet snoring can be heard from the prone dwarf.

After just under an hour, Snorri awakes, looking somewhat better than before.

"I'm ready," he says confidently.

OOC: Thanks for the short rest. Regaining 1 hit die: [roll0]
This puts me at 5 hp.
 

EarlyBird

First Post
Hassan whispers to the others, "Let's find the townsfolk and be gone. We can deal with the ogre another day."

Ogre's Bedroom
OOC: Read Aloud:
This immense chamber is at least 40 feet by 60 feet with a 20 feet high ceiling. To the east is a pile of furs and loose wool. Situated along the north wall are an unused fire pit and an iron-bound chest about 10 feet long. To the west is a curtained-off alcove, with a battered wooden table and a smooth stone for a chair nearby.


Peeking behind the curtain...

OOC: Two large ale barrels and a couple of old wooden crates lay about. And another tunnel heads of into darkness.


[sblock=Map]
00_ogre cave_6.jpg[/sblock]
 

KahlessNestor

Adventurer


Skulltop Hillock
Morning

“Well, there aren’t any townsfolk here,” Milady said as she peered around the ogre’s room. “But what have we here?” Her blue eyes lit up as she approached the chest. She carefully examined it all around for traps before she attempted to open it.

OOC: Just realized I don’t have thieves tools yet. Did we roll the ogre already? If not, she’ll go search him for a key. If so, and we didn’t find a key, she’ll search the room, starting with the bed furs.


[sblock=Actions]
Action: Investigation: 1D20+1 = [12]+1 = 13
Move:
Bonus Action:
Free Interaction:
Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Milady’s Mini Stats]
Inspiration: 0
AC: 15
HP: 12/12 HD: 1/1d10
Init: +3
PP: 10
PI: 12
Bolts: 39 Used: 0
Second Wind (1/R 1d10+1)
[/sblock]
 

Halloween Horror For 5E

Advertisement2

Advertisement4

Top