D&D 5E One Shot: Legends are Made, not Born (IC)

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
2j34izt.jpg

Skulltop Hillock
Morning

Milady crept back to the others. “Cages,” she said. “Two prisoners, and a dwarf building cages. There’s a wooden portcullis blocking the tunnel. Someone strong might be able to lift it, or I could snipe the dwarf through the bars.”

[sblock=Actions]
Action:
Move:
Bonus Action:
Free Interaction:
Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Milady’s Mini Stats]
Inspiration: 0
AC: 15
HP: 12/12 HD: 1/1d10
Init: +3
PP: 10
PI: 12
Bolts: 39 Used: 0
Second Wind (1/R 1d10+1)
[/sblock]

[sblock=Loot]
Ogre gemstone (Milady)
Black bear pelt (Milady)
[/sblock]

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Snorri frowns. "A dwarf making cages? What sort of outcast would imprison good folk knowingly?"

He looks up at Milady, pondering. "Unless he's the jailor himself."

Snorri raises his shield and hammer, ready to move into the chamber and confront his fellow dwarf.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
2j34izt.jpg

Skulltop Hillock
Morning

Milady shrugged. With Snorri along, there was unlikely any way to quietly sneak up, though the hammering would cover some of his clanking.

“I’ll cover you if you lift the portcullis,” she told the dwarf, readying her hand crossbow. She aimed through the bars to await their lifting.

[sblock=Actions]
Action:
Move:
Bonus Action:
Free Interaction:
Conditions:
[/sblock]

Second Wind (1/R 1d10+1)
[/sblock]

[sblock=Loot]
Ogre gemstone (Milady)
Black bear pelt (Milady)
[/sblock]

EarlyBird

Explorer
Hassan steps up quickly to the wooden portcullis. "Odd that dwarf has locked himself in also," he asks questioningly. "Why would he do that?"

The "lock" is only a wooden bar set across the gate, but still looks like he would be unable to lift it off from inside. Hassan lifts the gate holding it so Snorri and Mi'Lady can go in first. Then he set the board to hold the gate up, for which it looks like it was meant to do.

The whole while the dwarven carpenter never stops at his work.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
2j34izt.jpg

Skulltop Hillock
Morning

“Can anyone get those cages open?” Milady whispered, once again cursing her lost thieves tools. “Might need to smash them. I’ll cover the dwarf. Or we kill him and see if he has keys.”

[sblock=Actions]
Action:
Move:
Bonus Action:
Free Interaction:
Conditions:
[/sblock]

Second Wind (1/R 1d10+1)
[/sblock]

[sblock=Loot]
Ogre gemstone (Milady)
Black bear pelt (Milady)
[/sblock]

JustinCase

More curious than anything, Snorri walks around the laboring dwarf and within his sight, and greets him quietly. "Dumathoin's blessing, friend."

Not saying anything else, he keeps his shield and weapon ready and awaits the response. If it seems the other dwarf is hostile, Snorri will start to attack right away.

EarlyBird

Explorer
Surprised by the greeting the old dwarf misses a beat of his hammering and turns towards the group frowning.

dwarf_alchemist.jpg

"Wha-?" he fumbles at his board a moment. "I wasn't...who are all of you? Friends of Suto? Come for the dinner party?"

JustinCase

For a few moments, Snorri has no idea what to reply. Then, he starts whispering, "What dinner party? Who's Suto? And how does the ogre fit into all this?"

tglassy

Adventurer
Badger stayed behind to examine the lab, looking through the books and trying to discern what he could. His usual unhinged demeanor seemed to slip away, being replaced with an endless, intense curiosity.

Sent from my iPad using EN World

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases