• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ongoing damage: questions

fnwc

Explorer
That list isn't explicitly noted as an order of operation - those are just all things that happen at the start of the turn.

I think there was either a FAQ or CS response which suggested that the subject got to choose the order of application, but that's from vague recollections of a thread from months ago.

We've always played it as a combined effect: subtract the ongoing damage from the regeneration, and apply the result to your current hit point total.

I personally just rule that all the effects happen in the same "stack" and you dont' check for character status until all "beginning of the round" effects have resolved. It makes things simpler.

Rel

Liquid Awesome
It strikes me that, when the last foe has fallen, if the PC's wish to auto-end any ongoing damage you could just offer to let them pay a Healing Surge to do so. Whether that is a "good deal" for the PC of course depends on how much their surges heal and how much damage they are taking. But it would be an option to put a quick resolution to things if they'd rather take the sure thing than keep making Saves.

Remove ads