[OOC] Baptism by Fire_FULL

@FitzTheRuke theres a bit of irony in your post. Mardoc doubts Ferns readiness while trying to figure out the contents of the potions despite the fact that Fern just finished listing off the payment to the party, which included ‘two healing potions’. :)

Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
On a separate note, I notice people are putting dialogue in bold or in colour. Should I do that as well?
It is common on the boards to separate characters by color coding their speech. DM puts (not always, but mostly) NPC dialog in bold and some put different NPCs in different colors. Think on it as your "voice" - you don't have to see who's posting (username) or count on the post to contain the name of a person speaking (that is another be-nice-to-others) or even count on people who are in multiple adventures to necessary remembers who's who in which adventure. Pick one color and stay with it. Bold is optional.

Thoughts are in italics
I put all my dialog inner and otherwise in quotes, not everyone does - but living worlds had that explicitly stated so I got used to it.

It is common on the boards to separate characters by color coding their speech. DM puts (not always, but mostly) NPC dialog in bold and some put different NPCs in different colors. Think on it as your "voice" - you don't have to see who's posting (username) or count on the post to contain the name of a person speaking (that is another be-nice-to-others) or even count on people who are in multiple adventures to necessary remembers who's who in which adventure. Pick one color and stay with it. Bold is optional.

Thoughts are in italics
I put all my dialog inner and otherwise in quotes, not everyone does - but living worlds had that explicitly stated so I got used to it.
Yeah I do thoughts in italics too. And action words. I used to do colour in pbps on other boards but people were super inconsistent with it so I stopped. I’ll start doing it in blue or something if it’s the standard here.

Neurotic

Yeah I do thoughts in italics too. And action words. I used to do colour in pbps on other boards but people were super inconsistent with it so I stopped. I’ll start doing it in blue or something if it’s the standard here.
I italicize spells if they can be incoroprated in normal text

i.e. "Amil attunes his senses to magical emanations and detects magic around the room"

FitzTheRuke

Legend
@FitzTheRuke theres a bit of irony in your post. Mardoc doubts Ferns readiness while trying to figure out the contents of the potions despite the fact that Fern just finished listing off the payment to the party, which included ‘two healing potions’. :)

That's funny. I mean, I was pretty sure they were healing, but I read both our Delenir and Fern's posts as "potions" without any description. We can just assume that he's curious as to what "brand" of healing potions they are, and whether he likes the taste.

FitzTheRuke

Legend

I use bold, NPC or PC. For whatever reason, I don't really like dialogue in colour. Some colours people choose can be hard to read, and they have a tendency to try to turn their text back to "black" (which I can't see at all, because I use dark mode. So generally, I have to select the text of their posts to read them. It's all only a minor thing, though. Not something I worry about.

A bigger issue for me is spell-casting. I'd LOVE IT if people would copy/paste the wording of spells into a spoiler or OOC block when they cast them. NOT things like "cure wounds" or whatever, but anything that has long fiddly bits. It would save me time looking them up. Our DM is newish to 5e, so we should do as much as we can to make this easy on them!

Neurotic

A bigger issue for me is spell-casting. I'd LOVE IT if people would copy/paste the wording of spells into a spoiler or OOC block when they cast them. NOT things like "cure wounds" or whatever, but anything that has long fiddly bits. It would save me time looking them up.
Noted :D

FitzTheRuke

Legend
I was/am still going to have a copy of the spells known or memorized for the day in a separate document so I could look them up, but your way sounds easier.

Yes, proper prep-work is very smart. I'm terrible at that! It took me forever to think of putting the PC's spell DC in my notes, for example.

Remove ads