• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

OOC: D20 Modern Supers: The Orange County Eight (FULL)

What game should I run?

• Homebrew fantasy (see [url]http://www.catan.8m.com[/url]).

Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Oriental Adventures.

Votes: 9 25.7%
  • Wheel of Time.

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • D20 Modern Supers with 4CtF.

Votes: 17 48.6%

Krizzel

First Post
Since you asked ;) I think the game is going pretty good so far. Of course, we haven't really gotten into the meat yet (though I'm not one to talk - we're barely getting to that point in Metal Joe now) so there's some judgement to reserve, but I'm sure that will be good too :D

I'm curious to see what sort of supervillains you come up with, whether they're in this 'issue' or not. I don't mind mixing it up with normals either.

So I guess, to sum up, so far so good, and show us more! :p

Keia

I aim to misbehave
I think its going very well so far. My only comment would be that I wish it were going faster. I'm sure though the post speed will pick up as we get more into the mission.

Keia

ps. still looking for some really cool phoenix images. I have a few but if anyone sees any around can you direction them to me (or me to them, I guess). Thanks!

KitanaVorr

First Post
hehe I like it so far. I'm fun with Anh. She's a really different from my other PCs. I'm ready for more interaction outside of the conference room and to see how we gel as a team.

Yeah we are going slow, but I'm hoping the post speed will increase a bit more as we get into the meat of things myself.

Krizzel

First Post
Speed is tricky. It took me a long time to get Metal Joe going (though partly that was because of the holidays happening just after I started the IC thread) and it's still suffering a little bit because of that. Windy came together much faster but I think it's still struggling a little as well, but getting better more quickly.

KitanaVorr

First Post
Well ;p just don't burn out, Krizzel, trying to keep up with all the writing.

I've been fairly lucky I suppose, my games tend to go pretty fast, with a few slow spots here and there. I think it helps that I'm a pretty avid poster and post in the games at least twice a day.

garyh

First Post
I started back up at school right when I finally shifted this game into gear, so that's a large part why I've been posting a tad less. However, it will pick up now that we're underway.

I was also trying to wait for Sulli to post his PC and see if my friend was going to join the game or not, neither of which seems to be happening. :(

I am glad you've been enjoying the relatively slow intro, however. I really like the way the characters are coming together. Great job, guys! :)

Last edited:

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Garyh,

I decided rather early on that Brandon will have some side effects from his origin - problems controlling the fire within him. His room temperature increases, burning of clothes, burning eyes, etc. are all examples (and I'm sure we'll come up with more - only need to refer to the Human Torch, or Phoenix, or any number of fire wielders).

The thin armor (mainly to cover the areas where the fire actually touched his skin) and the poking and prodded are the scientists' (including TSI) way to try and get the fire under control. And they know (Brandon suspects) that it is growing within him.

Is that okay and any other ideas,

Keia

p.s. Avatar is for this game. But much later . . . heh, heh :D

Keia

I aim to misbehave
You didn't catch the costume reference in the story? About if I go all out I tend to loose my clothes?

Some like it hot, but I take it to extremes.

KitanaVorr

First Post
Keia said:
You didn't catch the costume reference in the story? About if I go all out I tend to loose my clothes?

Some like it hot, but I take it to extremes.

ROFL I caught it, but since he didn't say it aloud, Anh wasn't going to comment. But you betcha I commented aloud myself and if you do burst into naked fiery glory, she definitely will make a comment :p

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads