• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OOC] Dichotomy's Age of Worms: The Whispering Cairn

Dichotomy, I'm working on finding some of your lost information. I'll do some searching but if you could put up the titles of any threads you'd like found that would help. Thanks.

Here is Dichotomy's Age of Worms: The Whispering Cairn, page 3:

IC Thread, pg 3

Just noticed you already have page 3. I better hang up my hat for the day...must have a case of brain drain or sommat. :\

Last edited:

Dichotomy

Explorer
From the sticky thread...
Mallak said:
One more possibility that may work for some people: local cache. Browsers save a copy of a page on the local drive, and if you're clever you can recover that page. Generally, you will have had to have not been to the thread since it went down for this to work, so it might not apply to most people.

Instructions for Firefox:
IMPORTANT! Before trying to read anything from the cache, click on "File" --> "Work Offline". This will ensure that Firefox reads from the cache and doesn't try to "update" from the website.

Type "about:cache" into the address bar. This will bring up a page all about your cache.:) Explore and see if you can find the pages you're missing. Try doing a Find (CTL-F) for "www.enworld.org/showthread.php". When you find one, click on it. If you haven't been to that page since the crash, it should have the missing posts in it. Save the page.

For those of you running PbP games, ask your players to try this, as one of them may have something you don't.

I've had some more success using this route. I actually was able to find the COMPLETE page 4 of the in game thread. So I have all of the in game stuff. I'm still looking for more. However, I made have inadvertently ruined my ability to do so when I was looking earlier (by causing my cache to "update" to a page that says the thread doesn't exist). If any of you feel inclined, you could take a look.

I have some time today and Friday to focus on gaming stuff. If our new RG thread is up, I don't see it and need you to please point me to it. I do still have Vixtrin on hand and can re-post her in a new RG thread.

This weekend, though is both Mother's Day and is fairly close to my birthday. I'll be at the beach all weekend. If I have the opportunity, I will happily do some posting in the next two days. If we're not able to resume before the weekend starts, I'll need to wait until Monday to post for Vixtrin. If something happens, Vixtrin will move up to the front and will do her level best to strategically place herself where she thinks her chain has best effect. If she gets to 1 HP, she'll be forced to retreat backward a little at a time. She's pretty brave but she's not dumb and she's also a little selfish. She won't allow herself to be dropped if she can avoid it. She's feeling protective of Sprout and Lartis at the moment.

I think I had her standing on top of the stairs that led down to the green flame. I'm fairly certain she was within five feet of Sprout, who was the vanguard scout at the moment.

Dichotomy

Explorer
No worries. I'm actually graduating from law school this weekend, so I'll be busy as well.

I've got to finish a paper right now. However, I hope to have the time either tonight or tomorrow to re-post some stuff and get things moving again. But we might not actually get really started until Sunday or Monday.

Dichotomy, this time around I will be maintaining regular backups of our RG, OOC, and IC threads in full. If the db here does drop content again, you've only to e-mail me and I should be able to provide what I have on hand. I plan to do daily backups of the games I DM. I can do your AoW campaign every day or less often, at your discretion.

Dichotomy

Explorer
I've re-posted all the background information in the first two posts. Note that the second one is only for characters with Knowledge (local).

In a few minutes I'll be re-posting the recruiting thread for a cleric and wizard.

Here is a new rogue's gallery.

Finally, how do you all think we should handle old in-character stuff? I could go through it and summarize it in a new IC thread. Or I could do a lot of copy and paste.

Edit: And do any of you happen to still have the blank character sheet template I had? I now can't seem to find the blasted thing...

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads