• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OOC] Heroes of the Middle Reaches : Wandering Star

Walking Dad

First Post
I would like.

Evokers_Apprentice_tn.jpg

Can you change the staff to a wand? (Just use the staff below the hand)
Change hair color to grey/ silvery white.
Change red to dark purple.

helium3

First Post
Hey, we should try to keep this Sea Devil alive. So we can interrogate him.

It's not one of the rules that jump out at you, but the PHB specifically states that the character that delivers the blow that knocks an enemy below 0 hit points can state whether or not that blow kills the opponent or simply knocks them unconscious.

Also, what did you mean about the colors not working for you? I didn't quite follow what you meant.

Sparky

Sorry, I should have made that color thing more clear. We were having trouble picking out the combatants and you addressed it by coloring the text of the guards.

Example: The human guard charges forward and attacks Ranver.

For me that helps me keep them straight in the IC thread, but more important to me is that I keep them straight and can connect the text in the IC thread to the battle map. So this would be better for me.

Example: The human guard (F3) charges forward and attacks Ranver.

The coordinate F3 lets me know when I look at the battle map the coordinates of the guy attacking Ranver. Where human guard doesn't.

Follow?

Sparky

Also, Happy Thanksgiving everyone! For those of you not in the States, have a great Thursday.

Thanks to everyone for being here and sharing your creativity and time.

helium3

First Post
Jah. I second Sparky's sentiments. This game has been going pretty well, I reckon. A bit slow on my part at times, but I'm glad that we haven't lost anyone during those periods.

Also, I understand what you meant now Sparky. For some reason I thought you meant that you wanted the grid coordinates in the image. I could do that but it'd be a lot of extra work. Also, did you notice that I had changed the color of the three guards in the battle map image to reflect the colors I was using when describing them in the thread?

helium3

First Post
Regarding Cause Fear, does the movement take place on Ranver's turn or the Sea Devil's turn. Also, no duration is listed in the power. Does it only work once or does it last until the end of the encounter?

Redclaw

First Post
My read on it: the movement is listed as part of the "hit" description, making it happen when the attack hits. It's a one time move, at the creature's speed, provoking opportunity attacks.

Remove ads