[OOC] Horror High - Freshman Year

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
Point 1 - I intend to include a lot of low-key diversity and non-normative relationship options. Being transgender non-hetero myself, representation is important to me, but it won't be the focus of the game.

Point 2 - That's up to you guys, mostly. If you want important, named NPCs to make an appearance in the game, please make sure they are listed and given a bit of description on your character sheets.

Point 3 - I'm going to keep things like locations and such relatively generic since I don't know the area well. If I change something or add something that's very "non reality canon" keep in mind its a fictional version in a world where the supernatural exists. ;)

Point 4 - The reason I chose a New England locale was specifically for the Lovecraft and Poe feel to it. ;)

Macv12

First Post
If Francis shows up at prom, it will be in a tux, or crashing through the windows fighting/becoming some monstrosity. And Juno can bench press us. Any interaction we have with romance tropes I expect to be most charitably described as "deconstructive." Besides, Francis is just a sweet trans-human from transexual Transylvania, and has no intention of betraying her heritage by doing anything that can be called "normative."

Russia and Romania are both Eastern Orthodox countries, by a wide margin. (It's similar to Catholicism, to the untrained eye. Disclaimer: I'm not Russian, Romanian, Eastern Orthodox, or Catholic, but I'll do my best.) They seem to share some folklore, like "evil eye" curses and a link between werewolves and blood-drinking. Since her source is a rural Romanian housewife, Francis will know a lot of stories and folksy Monster Squad-type methods of protecting herself (how do you think her parents got her caged up before she hurt someone, the first time?), though their accuracy is questionable. I wonder if Tasha's great-grandmother actually knows what she's talking about, if she has a more direct occult connection.

Looking forward to your notes; some extra context is always nice.

Herobizkit

Adventurer
I guess we're all making "butch" characters! *lol*

I had envisioned Janice as the person to take over the "man" jobs at home once her Dad slipped into his alcoholism - hence her Craft Structural and Mechanical. That doesn't mean she can't still be the 'smart, pretty' one, I suppose. I now see her more as a 'Betty'/Girl Next Door type, which is fine by me.

Shayuri

First Post
Hmmm!

Well, I saw Juno going that way partly out of unconscious emulation of Janice, partly to get dad's approval, and mooooooooostly because it's kind of how being a 'tuff girl' in an environment like that goes...

But it's not too late for me to reconceptualize...go for someone more withdrawn, more introspective...someone for whom 'slaying' is not such a natural fit...

Macv12

First Post
Speaking for myself: I think we could all be shades of "metal-studded punk rocker" and still pull off enough nuance to be an interesting party; I don't think a group of girls that's majority "butch" is a problem in itself. As long as we're not trampling all over the atmosphere the DM wanted.

Anyhow, if we're looking to balance out personalities. The concept I was going for was pretty introspective. Tries to be calm all the time, would rather support than take credit, makes friends easily if you're nice to her. She does like shopping for clothes, just, you know, at the army surplus store. Think of her as more "non-gendered" than anything. Just, no dresses. Or hoop earrings, or high heals, or fake eyelashes, or...you know, impractical stuff.

I think Janice and Juno both have solid concepts there, so I'd rather give them space than change them. But I could say that Francis likes leather jackets, and also corsets, you know? Maybe she's tall and foreign and conventionally attractive, but really socially inept, so she pulls the "aloof foreign fashion model exchange student" attitude and pretends people aren't worth her time if they try to hit on her. But secretly she's a grease monkey who likes Nine Inch Nails and has crushes and wears a dress to church when her mom makes her, but if you ever tell that to anyone the moon will get a new crater.

Herobizkit

Adventurer
@Shayuri Naw dawg, if you're copying me, feel free. lol I'm actually flattered, kinda. To be honest, I went Tough because I thought the whole team was going to be Int, Wis and/or Cha. I like the idea of being a pair of strong, tough latina Sisters.

Of course, we might just end up like this...

zombie.jpg

Shayuri

First Post
Hehe, I was pitching Juno before you came in with Janice now. :)

But no, it's not copying...I think we both just gravitated independently to 'tough' archetypes.

No harm in that.

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
[MENTION=36150]Herobizkit[/MENTION] and [MENTION=4936]Shayuri[/MENTION] (and [MENTION=6801673]Alizaar[/MENTION] if you're still interested) - Try to get your characters up in the Rogues Gallery early this week. I would like to start the IC by Friday (Jan 15).

Thanks!

Alizaar

First Post
I've just been sitting back trying to take in the atmosphere of all of this. I would have to say,yea I'm still interested. Honestly alot actually, I will for sure try my best to have something up before the 15th. I was thinking maybe going some kind if sports guy who happens to stumble into this world. Not sure if that would fit into the party as of right now. I was also thinking about playing a quiet techy guy. Not sure who would be better.

Macv12

First Post
Buffy GET!

Well, season 1, anyway. Something doesn't want me watching this show because it cannot be found. This and Lost Girl, they're killing me.

Looking forward to a new teammate. All good mystery-solving teams come in fives. So do the victims of supernatural horrors...but I'm sure that's just a coincidence :)

Remove ads