• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OOC] House Millithor in City of the Spider Queen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Endur

First Post
3.5 Ranger

. Ranger: The ranger class philosophy says he is no longer a lightly armored fighter, he is a skill-using hunter.

· Skill points changed to 6
· Hit die changed to d8
· Class skills: Climb, Concentration, Craft, Handle Animal, Heal, Hide, Jump, Knowledge (Dungeonering), Knowledge (Geography), Knowledge (Nature), Listen, Move Silently, Profession, Ride, Search, Spot, Survival, Swim, and Use Rope.
· Favored enemy bonus now gives +2
· New favored enemy at levels 1, 5, 10, 15, 20 with graduated increases (first enemy at +2; add an enemy at +2 then increase any other favored enemy by +2)
· Wild Empathy ability at level 1 (replaces the Animal Empathy skill, works like Diplomacy)
· Gain a 2-weapon OR archery feat at levels 2, 6 and 11
o TWF at 2d, ITWF at 6th, GTWF at 11th, or
o Rapid Shot at 2d, Manyshot at 6th, Improved Precise Shot at 11th.
· Endurance at level 3
· Animal Companion at level 4
· Woodland stride at level 7
· Swift tracker at level 8 (move normal speed while tracking)
· Evasion at level 9
· Camouflage at level 13 (hide in any terrain even without cover or concealment)
· Hide in plain sight at level 17 (in natural surroundings)
· Additions to spell list: charm animal as a 1st level spell choice, a better barkskin at 2nd, darkvision at 3rd, and animal growth at 4th.
· The ranger’s TWF skills include double weapons like the quarterstaff.
· Rangers get good save progressions for both Fort and Reflex saves.

Endur

First Post
Your magic items are fine. I'd prefer you to use the 3.5 Ranger instead of Monte's Ranger.

The Whiner Knight said:
I don't have information on the 3.5 ranger, but I have seen a Dragon with the preview in it. From what I saw (I don't own the issue) the class seemed pretty much in line with Monte Cook's ranger (which I have).

Would it be okay to use Monte Cook's ranger until the switch, or would you prefer I use the standard ranger?

TWK

Raurth Snowfang

First Post
Endur, are Krecils weapons ok as they are or should i drop them to +1? The light crossbow was meant to be +1, i keep forgetting little things lol.. i'll "patch" him as soon as i get a reply!

:)

Endur

First Post
Make the Rapiers +1. Or keep them at +2 and drop the burst (just have frost and flame).

That should leave you with about 10k in gold and jewelry.

Raurth Snowfang said:
Endur, are Krecils weapons ok as they are or should i drop them to +1? The light crossbow was meant to be +1, i keep forgetting little things lol.. i'll "patch" him as soon as i get a reply!

:)

Endur

First Post
Updates

We now have all eight players.

I consolidated the character creation information onto the first post into this thread.

I placed background information on House Millithor and the beginning of the campaign into the second post in this thread.

Please feel free to ask questions.

Xael

First Post
Re: Additional Magic Items

Endur said:
Spider Mask (available for purchase for 7750 gp)
Black velvet face mask with protruding spider like legs. Completely conceals the face. Two powers: 1) Immunity to Webs and magical entanglements as if under the affect of a Freedom of Movement spell. 2) +5 resistance bonus to saving throws against poison from vermin

Ooh! Ring of Freedom of Movement costs 40 000gp.

Thels

First Post
Yes, but this doesn't grant the function of the ring of freedom of movement, it only does under some very specific circumstances.

I forgot about the poison... Guess I'll get me 6 doses.

Btw, who's playing the Matron now?

Thels

First Post
Str: 13 (+4 from gear), Dex: 16, Con: 8, Int: 16, Wis: 10, Cha: 19;

Assuming your 3 bonus points went into Cha, you only spent 23 points afaik.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads