[OOC] OOC thread about the non-iconics adventure (part deux)

HeavyG

First Post
Sollir, I don't want to kick you out. I mean, sure you don't contribute much but you don't take anything away from the game either, so I don't mind if you stay.

Still, it is a little bit of extra work for me to write up your actions and the monster's reactions to them, so I certainly wouldn't mind if you posted more.

Doppleganger, though, we haven't seen for, what, a month ? Unless he has a pretty good reason for not posting for such a long time, he's out. I think it's just lack of interest on his part, though, so I don't think he'll mind.

When you have a plan, post your positions in the IC thread and I'll unpause the game.

Jalon Odessa

First Post
This post's main purpose is to ressurect the OOC thread (For some reason I can sense that alot of OOC commentry will be required in this combat:) ), but I also just wanted to to thank Heavy G for putting up with all of our crazy plans and 'heroics' without killing us all off. Seriously 'G, you're a great DM. I always enjoy reading your flavour text for the combat scenes and whatnot.

Just thought that you might want some assurance that we do, in fact, appreciate the effort you put into the game. Lord knows that DMing can be a thankless task sometimes.

reapersaurus

First Post
CRGreathouse said:
I like it. This kind of trick can make the game fun - I don't want to feel that the game is rigged, but the chance to be heroic rather than a corpse is generally preferable. :)

I'll echo Jalon's thoughts on the OOC thread: Great job, HeavyG! Keep it up!
I wanted to add pure OOC talk here, so I'll use the resurrected OOC thread to do so. (since, obviously, the only thing Ubaar can do In Character is bleed.) ;)

Heavy, I think you've been fantastic the WHOLE time, and dealt with many requests and lapses incredibly successfully, and your continued effort and dogged determination to see this "little" adventure threu has been a truly inspiring thing. It's the only thing that has helped me keep my faith in online gaming alive (due to so many other campaigns being dropped by DM's and players).

I've had a blast playing one of my favorite PC's (Ubaar) that I don't get to play IRL (unfortunately).

I especially appreciate that flub that allowed us to get our one last shot in. I hadn't realized that a delayed action would have made us endure 4+ AoO's PLUS a whole round's worth of attacks! :eek: :eek:

The smart move, of course, would have been to continue mowing down the beasties one at a time till we outnumberd and out-positioned the boss.
But I couldn't see doing that, and was worried about the boss getting away again.
That last round didn't strain my believability. That's important to me, as a player. Most times, the bad guy seems to hang around when he knows he's gonna die.
I can believe that ghoul boss thought he'd be protected for a bit longer. :)

And lastly - thanks for taking a bit of extra effort to heroically describe last round's actions.
I like the way that played out, and it wasn't melodramatic at the same time.

Game on!
(for a little while longer, at least.... I'm gonna miss this adventure when it's gone) *sniff*:(

Thanee

First Post
Can't thank you enough for your fantastic DMing, Heavy G! You're great! :)

Hmmm... maybe I shouldn't have let Taz start thinking about how to get the Fire Opal from the ghoul boss, should he turn to flee again! Might have led to some suicidal... err... heroic... action! ;)

Bye
Thanee

P.S. with the death at negative CON, reaper means, that you bleed until -|CON| (i.e. -14, if CON is 14) instead of -10, before you die. It's a house rule, I suppose, I know it from 2nd Edition, where we played like this.

HeavyG

First Post
*sniff*

You guys are great.

*sniff*

I promised myself I wouldn't cry.

Thanee said:
P.S. with the death at negative CON, reaper means, that you bleed until -|CON| (i.e. -14, if CON is 14) instead of -10, before you die. It's a house rule, I suppose, I know it from 2nd Edition, where we played like this.

Yeah, I know. That was a subtle attempt at communicating the fact that I don't usually play with that rule. :)

If it had been discussed beforehand, I wouldn't mind, but I don't want to change the rules right now.

You'll have to put some effort into it, dammit. ;)

Finally, looks like I'll have to take the bus tonight for my vacation instead of tomorrow, so I'll do a quick update for now and we'll see each others in about a week, okay ?

Good week, y'all ! :)

*sniff*

Murhid

First Post
You probably won't see this by the time you leave, but have a safe and fun vacation HG!

And as always I'm thankful for all the work you've done and the fun times!

reapersaurus

First Post
So how long you want to keep going, Heavy?

I think we should in-character move back to the inn, get what healing we can, and get back to Archibald's.

Heavy's spent more than his share of time guiding our merry band, if he wants to finish up.

Just for nostalgia, here's Heavy's first adventure post on Sept 14th, 2001:
This is a thread for the beginning of the non-Iconic (but still cool) PBP adventure, formerly known as Samnell's non-Iconic (but still cool) PBP.
I will be your DM, Heavy G.

This is a closed game, which means that the players have been determined (in another thread) and are numerous enough that I won't be accepting any more players. As in Piratecat's game, I will ask a moderator to delete any thread by non-players.

Please post In-Character at all times on this thread. If you want to comment the adventure OOC, or if you don't play in the adventure but want to talk about it, feel free to start another thread about it (and e-mail me so I'll put a link here).

We'll start this adventure by having the characters introduce themselves to each other. When this is done, we'll run through a very short adventure as a warm-up.

Enjoy the game.
Remember guys that it was Samnell who started it rolling?
Heavy, what did you mean by "very short adventure as a warm-up?" The fake-battle interview?

Remove ads