• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OOC] OOC thread about the non-iconics adventure (part deux)

reapersaurus

Explorer
what would the rules have been if Jalon had moved right 5' ( into Kytess' square) and had Ubaar move right 5' also when the ghoul had been trying the coup-de grace?

Kytess was paralyzed, does that change any penalties (if any) for Jalon occupying and fighting in the same square?
It would have allowed Ubaar to get a AoO on the ghoul performing the CdG, right?

Just something that went thru my head that I wanted to see the rules on.
TIA.

Jalon Odessa

First Post
Hey guys, I'll be out of town visiting my parents for the next few days (should be back home on Friday sometime).

Before I go, just thought I'd recommend heading back to town to rest up a little after this encounter - we're pretty messed up. :)

Apart from that, Heavy G should have enough info to run Jalon for me. I might have time to post Jalon's next action first thing in the morning, but if not then expect to hear from me on Friday.

Jalon Odessa

First Post
Heh, me too CRG - I actually had a dream last night about whether Kytess was alive or not.

Hrmph... and some people say I take my gaming too seriously... :confused:

Last edited:

HeavyG

First Post
reapersaurus said:
what would the rules have been if Jalon had moved right 5' ( into Kytess' square) and had Ubaar move right 5' also when the ghoul had been trying the coup-de grace?

Kytess was paralyzed, does that change any penalties (if any) for Jalon occupying and fighting in the same square?
It would have allowed Ubaar to get a AoO on the ghoul performing the CdG, right?

Why didn't I see this before ?!?

Of course, it's too late now, but I'm not so sure about the rules. Fighting in a sqaure with two prone bodies should warrant some kind of "treacherous footing" penalty to AC, innit ?

reapersaurus

Explorer
Just thought I'd link to these parts of the adventure while I was poking around today:
Part 6: http://enworld.cyberstreet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12670
Part 5: http://enworld.cyberstreet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9927
Part 4: http://enworld.cyberstreet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5659
Part 3: http://enworld.cyberstreet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=819

CR - Have you done any more great work on the archive of the story?
I just looked on my home computer and can't find it.
If you could link that first work (I think it detailed up thru the first 2 parts of the adventure?), maybe me or others could continue the archiving.
I'm taking the introduction and going to some day get it in a similar word document format.

CRGreathouse

Community Supporter
Reaper - I haven't done anything on the compilation since the ENnie judging started in earnest - it's a lot of work, most of which is impossible to do in advance. I'll upload my progress to my site and post a link when I get a chance.

Edit: http://mwtools.thyle.net/Log.zip

Last edited:

Sorry guys, I'm gone til either Friday or Saturday, Sollir will attempt to heal Murhid with his wand for his next action, twice if I'm gone for that many updates, have a fun Fourth of July :)

reapersaurus

Explorer
OK - it's time for my quarterly rant. :)

This is really getting frustrating (in the adventure)
Let me sum up:
we had a COUPLE knock-down, drag-out fights that have used up quite a bit of our resources, and i think each fight, we've been at about 66% party strength, due to inactivity on some of the players' parts.

This last (quite memorable - good job, Heavy!!!) fight, we have the boss guy with a visible Fire Opal on him, and again, we've got players who are either inactive or not being too effective with their actions.
(i'm not pointing fingers specifically - I'm ranting. ;) )

so now we've got a decision to make.
Brave the (potentially fatal) odds of this next fight, made much harder by all of us being depleted, or be realistically self-protecting and bug out of the dungeon for the second time.

Who knows where the Opal will be by the time we get back?
(God, this poison is annoying... LOL)

I've tried floating in-character ideas for fight strategies, and by player inactivity, we have NO battle plan for this next fight.

Dopp is a no-show, Sollir is effectively a no-show, CR is slammed with Judging, Taz has been here for roleplaying much more lately (but I actually forgot Taz used the witch's wand on the ghoul because i didn't think the ghoul's were the target - the BOSS, HELLO!?), Murhid has been great in combat and roleplay, Jalon has occassionally been absent, and I've been slicing everything and their brother to bits.

I don't even know how many Pc's have a ranged weapon to do a back-up-and-shoot strategy against the (slower?) ghouls.
I haven't heard one PC's response to the turning idea, channeling all the cleric's powers thru Jalon.
I don't know how much more of a beating us front-liners can take.
If we DO melee, we're gonna need those CLW wands to be used in the middle of battle, which doesn't bode well.
That was great teamwork last battle with the healing by Jalon (Sollir is actually much better at healing than the other things... LOL), or I know Ubaar would have dropped way earlier in the fight.

So.

Do you guys want to say anything OOC about the adventure in general?
How bout about my rant in detail?

I'll keep trying occasionally to spur communication.
Especially when i like the adventure so much. (so many PBP's get stillborn due to lack of communication)

Remove ads