• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E [OOC] Pathfinder: Jade Regent

Shayuri

First Post
Binder, that's a pretty cool concept, but I'm going a different direction at the moment.

It's looking good right now, what we're getting together.

If it all works out, then I'll be human instead of half-elf, but still a foster/adopted sibling to our Elf of Barbaria.

jkason

First Post
Are you still actually recruiting for this? I'm kind of intrigued, I'll admit. I've been wanting to try out an Archaeologist Bard or a Huntmaster Cavalier for a while now, both of which I think I could fit into the setup here. The former is more clearly set up for the "explore another land" idea, but with the caravan guard background, a Huntmaster could work just as well, I think (and provide a little more hitty and meat shieldiness).

No worries if you're full up. Just thought I'd poke and see what was what. :)

G

Guest 11456

Tailspinner; I have a couple of questions for you:
1. What sort of posting frequency are you looking to maintain?
2. How are planning to run combat? Specifically wondering about tactical grids & group initiative
3. What style of game do you run?

perrinmiller:
1. I hadn't given it much thought but I would like to shoot for one post a day. If things slow I would try to keep things going.
2. I try to not do group combat. I do try to use a tactical grid when needed. I have been using excel.
3. I never know what to put for this one. But you can see my other game here.

As far as characters go play what you want.

Shayuri

First Post
Jkason, hee hee...I am actually looking at a multiclassed ArkBard/Ninja right now.

Of course, if you went Arkbard, I could go straight up ninja...or even Nin/sorc...

HMMM...

Let me know what you want to do. My concept is still quite malleable!

G

Guest 11456

Character concepts:
MasqueradingVampire - studious wizard
Shayuri - kitsune bard (archaeologist)
Kaodi - arctic elf barbarian (elemental kin)
Binder Fred - human oracle of flame
perrinmiller - human summoner or oracle
jkason - bard (archaeologist) or cavalier

jkason

First Post
Jkason, hee hee...I am actually looking at a multiclassed ArkBard/Ninja right now.

Of course, if you went Arkbard, I could go straight up ninja...or even Nin/sorc...

HMMM...

Let me know what you want to do. My concept is still quite malleable!

Arkbard mostly came to mind because of the journeying, but I'm actually having more character ideas for the Huntmaster (Order of the Dragon) now that I'm looking at things:

A half-orc originally raised by his orc kin (he'll be taking the Shaman's Apprentice alt trait), treated largely like dirt and abused, nearly beaten to death when Shalelu found / rescued him, and made it clear that he wasn't the worthless weakling his tribe had always said.

Out of a nasty upbringing comes the character building, though, since he's built up this philosophy of finding the worth in folks, especially those who are traditionally shunned for no good reason. I'm thinking his first companion would be a Buzzard or Vulture -- the Bird template means the stats wouldn't really matter, but choosing a "garbage / scavenger" bird and treating / training it to be as valuable as more traditional birds really fits the concept.

G

Guest 11456

Binder Fred:
From first pass:
Check CMD
Check Reflex save
Check total gold
Check weight carried
Check number of first level spells per day

Kaodi:
On first pass character looks good

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
Check CMD
Check Reflex save
Upped my dex on that last pass and forgot to adjust these. Corrected.

Check total gold
Check number of first level spells per day
Corrected.

Check weight carried
There's 5 pounds in there for his outfit. Now noted next to the total. Sorry about that.

Looking at it, maybe I should put my +2 human in strength instead of Cha? It'll come back to bite me in the later levels, granted, but early on...

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads